Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the timing chain cover on my 1992 Mustang, and a friend of mine had an old one from his 1987. It bolts right up, but the problem is, my water pump (from the 1992) doesn't fit on the 1987 timing chain cover. Am I just looking at it the wrong way or something? Do I need to go buy a 1987 water pump?

Thanks, Brad.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please.

Anybody?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
99.9999% sure that it SHOULD fit. I don't know what the problem is, maybe it's not actually an 87 pump, maybe you're looking at it wrong. Not sure, but I'm almost positive it should work.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I noticed the timing cover/water pump combo from my '94 cobra motor is not compatible with my '93 HO parts. For instance I tried to take the '94 cobra timing cover and run my '93 HO H20 pump so that I could run my '87-'93 spec underdrive pulleys.

no dice. doesn't bolt up right. have to use the timing cover/water pump as a pair between these motors :mad:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. I figured out it was off a 94-95. My friend swapped his 87 motor with one from a 94-95. I thought it was the timing chain cover from the old 87, but actually it was from a newer model. My bad, but thanks for helping.

Brad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts