Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive got 2 chamber flows, welded on to my factory pipes...im thinking about going to the magnapack catback, or the spintech catback. I know the spins sound killer, but ive never heard magnapacks. Ive heard the magnapacks flow better, so I really cant make up my mind. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
staphonline.com
( http://www.staphonline.com/multimedia.html ), as well as www.mustangexhaust.com should have a few magnapack vid footage/sound clips...

What kind of midpipe are you running or plan on running (factory H-pipe)?? The Magnapacks sound really aggressive w/ an off-road midpipe IMHO, but the best way is to listen to both combinations in person if possible & then decide for yourself since (exhaust) sound is such a subjective matter and varies from person to person. G'luck...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Almost any straight through mufflers flow better than chambered. Do you just not like the sound of Chambers? If you still do, Edelbrock just came out with some chambered muffs that sound pretty mean... Magnapacks sound awesome too... they are louder than the regular magnaflows though. Dynomax race bullets are straight through and also sound great and loud!

·
Registered
736 Posts
don't doubt the spintechs, i just had mine put on this past weekend, and just drove the car around to listen to the exhaust lol.really gave my car the growl and aggressive sound i was looking for, i have a o/r bassani x btw.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive got lts and off road h pipe...Ill admit it sounds badass, but the flows and stock(non mandrel bent) pipes are losing a few hp...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Magnapacks would really sound vicious with those Long Tubes and catless H... Nice and deep with a clean sound.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I know I'm getting old. I just could not imagine living with the loud noise of OR X and Magnapacks. Or even OR X and Magnaflows. My Magnaflow catted X and Magnaflow catback are loud enough for me, but maybe not for everyone.

·
Registered
683 Posts
so in yall's opinion whats the best sound with an o/r H? are spintechs chambered? I had o/r h with flows right now as well but I haven't heard the spintechs much

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
my spintech's arent right...the sound in the high R's is just down right wrong...i dont know if im going to be able to get anyone to race me come spring :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Z06KILLR said:
my spintech's arent right...the sound in the high R's is just down right wrong...i dont know if im going to be able to get anyone to race me come spring :)
I'll race you! :joy:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
haha..too bad your up in maryland....sounds like you have a stout machine... ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Z06KILLR said:
haha..too bad your up in maryland....
"Too bad you're in Maryland" - you don't know how true those words are.. I'm from Arizona, where 50 degrees is sweater weather. And I don't know if my girl is "stout" - she's just "big-boned.."

·
Registered
524 Posts
I bought my car '96 with Flows welded in and after installing an off-road X, I couldn't wait to get rid of them. Make sure you're getting a straight-through design if you go with an off-road mid pipe. I'm REALLY happy with my Bassani combo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i got rid of my flows for magnapacks and off-road h and it was load as hell. sounded like glasspacks to me. i now have bassani off-road x and cat back and IMO its the best sounding exhaust ive had on my car and ive tried a lot

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I get the car back tomorrow from having the exhuast welded...ill be sure to post a video clip of it....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts