Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my clutch is about to go out cause its starting to slip and not hold as it used to. I was wondering what a good kit to use for under $260. I have a 97GT. Check my sig for more details. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm gonna need one soon too, so I'm gonna pay attention to your thread.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
This is one of those really good search button questions. If you type "clutch" and start reading, you'll find what many people have, whether or not they're happy, and what people recommend. Or, you could just ask everyone to answer again. BTW...I've got a Spec Stage 2. Nice.

·
Registered
697 Posts
97GTStang said:
Well my clutch is about to go out cause its starting to slip and not hold as it used to. I was wondering what a good kit to use for under $260. I have a 97GT. Check my sig for more details. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Get a Spec Stage 1 for your power levels. It's good for up to 400 rwhp i think. They are like 170-180 bucks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got a SPEC Stage II in my 97 Cobra. I love it. It bites really hard and I had almost ZERO chatter with it after it was installed.

Nathan

·
Registered
509 Posts
Get a SPEC hands down they are the best out there.

FWIW, I have a SPEC stage 3 for sale $220 shipped top your door, only used it for 392 easy easy miles now I'm selling the car so its got to go. Let me know if your interested

Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts