Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm have a problem with a ticking noise after i installed my longtubes. it soudns like it's coming from the driverside head. i've read up on the tick "silent recall" and i'm leaning away from that now, but i want this fixed. it's not an exhaust leak from the heads to the headers, but i'm going to check the erg today. i think it could be the erg or an injector? can someone help, i know many people have had this problem before.

--chris

·
Registered
807 Posts
Its a leak......Go back and tighen the bolts.... whether its a leak or not you need to go back and tighen them after you let it get hot a few times.
Dave

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tightened the bolts and it's still there...i think it may be an injector now. i'm getting a tune soon so hopfully that will take car of it. i'm going to clean out the injectors also and see if that works.

--chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did you reset the computer?

Disconnect battery + & - Then wait five minutes, and reconnect. Then let car idle to temp. Wait 1 min. Drive car 5 min.... Idle is reset by computer!

It's in the owner's manual, and worth a try... it's free.

·
Registered
317 Posts
On a different car I used to own, I installed headers and noticed the injector noise was louder than with the stock manifolds. However, it most likely is a small leak somewhere that under a load, the header flange pulls away from the engine or X-pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts