Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have already done the afr aluminum head thing, and now im having more fun with these junk E7`s, and before im done it may be as fast as the afr`s and bigger cam.
I don`t have much money in them but its going to add up when I do larger intake valves.
Every time I pull the heads I grab the grinder and do a little more, I enjoy seeing what I can get from these small heads and enjoy blowing off aluminum headed cars.
And its not all about what flows more or less. And if 50 lbs is all it takes to make a car a turd then it was a turd to begin with. jmo

·
USAF retired
9,035 Posts
GT40s are amazing heads and are a bargain, especially if you know what you're doing with them.
True, with very little porting they do quite well. I've got a couple sets in the machine shop now getting a valve job done on them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
GT40 intake, powerheads cnc e7, 65mm accufab
-worth 10-25tq and 40hp and raised shifts 500rpm(stock cam/1.7s)

Building another mid-90s combo now but using eddy 1.90s, Performer 5.0, 75mm accufab (B303)

·
Registered
46 Posts
e7 thumper

do not see website online. seems he is done. just sold thumpers 2 weeks ago gt40p valves dual springs 5 angle valve job. he had done decent port job. worked well for what i was doing. better than stock gt-40 almost as good as gt40x heads. noticed difference easily. use em!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I was looking at a set of thumper e7's a year or so back but they were like $800 and some odd and I couldn't justify that. That's just too much for used reworked stock heads

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I was looking at a set of thumper e7's a year or so back but they were like $800 and some odd and I couldn't justify that. That's just too much for used reworked stock heads
Thats exactly the point of my earlier post. Unless you are very specific in your need for the E7 casting, or any 125cc, or 144cc castings for that matter, there are far better selections within the aftermarket for similar money (used), and many new heads are not drastically more. If you are going to drop some decent money into a stock head, ported or not, then there is likely an important reason (whether its valid to others or not); not simply the want for a better head.

·
Please call me Mike
1,583 Posts
I am not sure what happened to mike (thumper). His website address changed, then i saw a post from someone who bought an engine and it wasn't what they paid for. The company name was the same, not sure if it was his company or not.

Thumpers heads were quailty, friend of my put some one his bronco. Like what others have said there needs to be a reason to use the factory stuff.

cost comparisions:
1) brand new FAC Trick flow 170cc heads are 1200.
2) Powerheads cnc ported e7s are about 950 (their website seems to be down)
3) Thumpers E7s were about the same (enlarged valves extra cost)
4) Powerheads cnc porting gt40 heads 1050

I've been on this quest before and always comes down to the money. The resale value of any alum. head will outway the costs of porting factory heads. However if you can find a used set that have been worked over CORRECTLY, hell jump on them if the price is right.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts