Ford Mustang Forums banner

Throttlebody

414 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  white99gt 
#1 ·
I have a brand new 2002 GT premium. I am going to install a Bassani cat-back exhaust but I also want to add a 70mm throttlebody. Will the this throttebody really add any horsepower? Also, I was looking at purchasing a MAC throttlebody because of the price. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these or does anyone recomend a different brand ie BBK etc.? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking to meet some Austin area stangers...

THanks!:D

#2 ·
some people will tell you that you'll lose horsepower on a stock motor, some will say you'll gain anywhere from 1 to 5 hp. But if I were you I'd put that money towards other mods like a set of Steeda underdrive pulleys or some 4.10 gears.

hope this helps

#4 ·
I have also heard that you may lose HP unless you have some sort of forced induction. Also, I would stay away from the MAC, read the product reviews on Stangnet.com

I have heard abunch of stories about the MAC TB's sticking. JMO

I had a FMS installed on mine and have not had any problems.

JDUB

#5 ·
Ona basicly stock gt ,stay away from the tbody.I have dynos showing where i LOST 10rwhp at 5900 and LOST .5 rwhp at peak.But after all my mods and tuned, it picked across the board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.