Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok comming to a light and it still hangs at 1500 then goes down to about 900. This sucks, After new heads/cam/intake/TB/injectors/mass air. All of that and cleaning the 10 pins and tweeking them, plus doing the reset of the computer It still hangs! How come??

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the VSS hooked up, When I did the mass air conversion it said optional. So should I hook it up?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Yes, otherwise the computer doesn't know how fast you're going, e.g. has no idea you're coming to a stop. I don't know what it does then, maybe times out and finally comes down? Not sure but it couldn't hurt to hook up the VSS and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will ask this in another post, but. Anyone know where to hook it up from?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have this same problem after my head, cam, intake install and I do have the VSS hooked up. I have tried all the things to correct this and nothing has been successful. Anyone have any other ideas maybe I havn't tried?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
If it just sticks at around 1500 or less and then drops down when you are stopped, then you probably are running an idle plate and need to adjust the screws. If it does this driving down the road, where say you are at 4k then push the clutch in to shift, and it hangs at 3500 or so and sometimes stays there unless you get back in gear and slow down, or restart the car, then its your 10 pin connectors at the back of the intake....clean them by connecting and disconnecting 10-20 times, then use some dialectric grease inside. Hook up the vss, its designed to hold the rpm up a tad during shifts to easy the drivetrain.

·
Registered
246 Posts
nobody mentioned iab valve. but it wouldn't drop back down. it would just hang.

off topic- can someone snap a picture of there engine compartment and point to were i can find the 10 pin? thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Flat acid, check out the link in the first post of the thread in my sig.

Fastfed1,
Do a search over on www.stangnet.com for "surge deamon" and pic the thread that has over 900 post on it, you should find something there to look at:rolleyes:

Good Luck,
Wes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts