Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the PRO-M 351 kit and am using their 4bbl throttle body. I am unable to find a solution to mount my throttle cable to their TB.

After research i decided to call CSR brackets and they sent me a bracket but it's more for carb application and will not work with the PRO-M TB.

I am using an 84 throttle cable for proper length.

The bracket from CSR however is completely off center (made for carb) they do not have anything for this type of setup.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

Thank you,
Layzie

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really. If I attach the cable to the ball end of the TB i have about a quarter throttle until it bottoms out. which means I'm now searching for a cable instead of a bracket.

Although overlooked, i find it awesome that Pro-M includes this extra bracket for thos enot using the stock throttle cable.

·
Registered
292 Posts
on the cfi and carbed intakes that bracket would mount further back on the drivers side. You may have to make something work to relocate that bracket or similar fabbed one further back.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update: Lokar says they have nothing for me. Sent them the pictures here in this thread of the PRO-M Tb and Bracket.

PRO-M tech support is telling me their 4150 style throttle body and bracket are made for a stock style 36" SEFI throttle cable which are not made anymore... by anyone. They are a junkyard item.

Looks like I will be purchasing a used, rusted throttle cable that's 14 inches longer than my throttle linkage needs in order use my fancy throttle body

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You can’t make another mount?
Steel bar and aluminum bar can be had at any hardware store.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
there are a hundred bracket and cables out there. you're saying that none of them will work?

check out wilson manifolds throttle bracket.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Flat stock you just need a drill, drill bits, and a vice. Maybe a torch if you want right bends.

Does it have to be perfect, no.
will it get you up and running, yes.

Once you get something that will work, take it to a machine shop and they can make something pretty cheap

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
86-93 Throttle cable. I went to orileys and autozone and asked for an 86-93 throttle cable they kept giving me the "stock replacement" cable that does NOT fit the pro-m throttle body. made some calls and found out the stock cable cannot be purchased anymore. had to buy mine from auto salvage.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
lmr didn't have it?

i just checked. you are correct.

strange that a restoration company wouldn't have it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That's what I said. Seems like if i would do it all over again id just change the bracket to match the cable as others suggested in this thread.

Keep that in mind 4 barrel 4150 throttle body efi guys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts