Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to guarantee room for tailpipes and am considering an under the axle ARB. Other than the fact that they hang down and lesson road clearance; does anyone have experience with one? Are they less effective?

79-04 Mustang Pro Street Chrome Moly Anti Roll Bar Kit

·
Registered
169 Posts
Should be, as long as the mounting points are sturdy.

I made a narrow bar so there's room on each side. However..bolted it to trunk- floor which flex a LOT. Overcame that with some strengthening brackets.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
A properly designed antirollbar won't reduce ground clearance at all. Mounting the antirollbar above the rear axle is a very poor choice, but monkey see, monkey do.

·
Registered
91 Lx Hatch
18 Posts
Would you care to elaborate? I’m curious. My team z works well. But if there’s something better I’d like to know for the next time.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A properly designed antirollbar won't reduce ground clearance at all. Mounting the antirollbar above the rear axle is a very poor choice, but monkey see, monkey do.
Could you explain why Jack?
Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 86 T-Bird. Purchased a kit from Jegs along with the steel arms to replace the aluminum ones.
Mounted it under the 8.8 with the arms running forward and attached to the sub frame.
On the street for over 4 years now with no ground clearance problems. I think it works great.
HRDW 2018 .PNG

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an 86 T-Bird. Purchased a kit from Jegs along with the steel arms to replace the aluminum ones.
Mounted it under the 8.8 with the arms running forward and attached to the sub frame.
On the street for over 4 years now with no ground clearance problems. I think it works great. View attachment 1065474
Sweet car!!! It's nice to see something different. Could you post pics of your bar and how it's mounted?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't have any pictures, my son has been driving the car for the last couple of years and he
lives 75 miles away. When nothing else is running, he uses it as his daily driver.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't have any pictures, my son has been driving the car for the last couple of years and he
lives 75 miles away. When nothing else is running, he uses it as his daily driver.
It can be daily driven with the ARB hooked up?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes--and we took it to HRDW 2016 and 2018 and finished both events with no problems from the suspension.
That's awesome. I'd love to do something like that. Nitrous car?

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
The real question is, if a car is getting sub 1.2 60' with a ARB installed above the rear differential, would there be any improvement in the 60' by switching to a ARB that mounts under the rear differential? If the answer is no or maybe, then how is a ARB that is mounted under the rear differential "better"?

Reactions: fasterthangas

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know which is better. I've never run one above. Mounted it where there was room for it.
The car is not that fast. It 60ft is 1.36. 1/4 mi is 10.0 at 130 and at my age I probably should not
be driving that fast.If I made it faster, I would turn it over to the kids.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know which is better. I've never run one above. Mounted it where there was room for it.
The car is not that fast. It 60ft is 1.36. 1/4 mi is 10.0 at 130 and at my age I probably should not
be driving that fast.If I made it faster, I would turn it over to the kids.
Your age? Heck....look at a few of the old timers such as George Poteet running the Salt Flats at 480 mph!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One benefit I see of an under the axle ARB is the ability to service the bushings easily. This would mainly benefit cars that see more mileage than a drag car. That being said; there's one or two above the axle ARB's that allow the bushing plates to be unbolted.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Think it is just what u want. Above below. Or how much room u got to install. Got mine below. Best 60 so far 1.14 gotta go faster. That is the average for my class View attachment 1065484
I think what's more impressive are the rear tires you're running and making those 60's! :eek:

ks

Reactions: fasterthangas
1 - 20 of 28 Posts