Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what gain (disc/ring combo) do you use for your engine setup? I plan on using the 2.22 diameter disc to support my 550 FWHP combo. What do you think? It will give me a gain of about 2.5:1 and a max fuel pressure of 77.5 psi at 15 psi of boost (base fuel pressure is set at 40 psi).

·
Registered
36 Posts
striped91

is the vortech super fmu better than a regular fmu and if so where and how much are they thanx soory i could not be of any assistance to u but im still learning btw your car is pretty damn quick!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never tried the Cartech adjustable FMU, but I think that the Vortech Super FMU gives you every adjustment that one could imagine. I think they go for about $250 new, but I paid $150 for a used one from the Corral.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TOO MUCH FUEL?

Well I ran the car last night and was very disapointed. My MPH was a whopping 5 mph on the low side (94 compared to 99). Also, the car seems to 'buck' now under light load street driving. I'm wondering if both my SFMU gain and my stock 40 psi are too high for these 38 pounders. Any insight wood be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts