Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to use 1.7 Roller Rockers on the Twisted Wedge heads without screwing up the valve geometry? I have 1.6s and 6.750 pushrods, and everything works beautifully. I'm just curious if you can use 1.7s. If so, what brand would be recommended, and can I use the same 6.750 pushrods, or do I have to get a different length pushrod to adjust for any valve geometry discrepency?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Take it easy!
josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Crane 1.7s with twisted wedge heads and stock cam. I didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I run comp cams 1.7's with TFS TW heads and an F-cam with no problem.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
TFS recommends 1.6s. Would you have problems with 1.7s? Probably not.

If you don't already have then I wouldn't bother. For not much more than the price of the rockers you can get a custom ground cam.

·
Registered
120 Posts
1.72s on twisted wedges are fine ive got them on my 302 the only problem could be the use of aftermarket cams i think the e 303 is ok but the b303 is not as i rememberu can always call tfs i asked them the same ? and they were more than helpful. i used ford roller rockers which are crane's i think

·
Registered
612 Posts
xlnt90 said:
I have the Crane 1.7s with twisted wedge heads and stock cam. I didn't have any problems.
Pushrod length?
I am about to bolt up the same combo but with heavily ported Cobra intake (FelPro 1262). I will be using the TF 1.7's (same as Crane Gold Race but black). My heads have been shaved .010" for 60cc chambers. Should be 9.4 to 9.5 to 1.

JL

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm going to 1.7 TFS rockers on the intake side of my setup. I have a 308 DSS rotating assembly with TFS pistons, a custom cam, and 1.6 TFS rockers right now. As long as you have P/V clearence, you shouldn't have any problem running the 1.7s on your motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts