Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of the check engine light on so I want to get the smog/egr hooked back up to the Mac LTs that I have. But the only problem is that the pipes don't line up. What did you do to get them to line up and go back on. I have one on, the drivers side rear, but the drivers front and the pass. front won't reach. Please help asap so I can get that damn light off!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, unless you have a catted h-pipe, the light will be on whether you hook it up or not - even if your h-pipe is catted, it might still give you hassles, since the o2 placement is different with longtubes, compared to a full-length h-pipe. I have the smog stuff hooked up, and even with the k-member off, it was a pain. MAC quality and fitment is second only to bullsh*t. It took lots of work to make it all fit/line up. You'll have to lenghten the tubes that run from the diverter valves to the front of the #1 and #5 primaries. As for the EGR, it's just a b*tch , and there's really no other way around it. Disconnect it from the intake and try to screw it into the header, and then try to reconnect it to the intake - it is a huge pain, GOOD LUCK!

Now, to a much simpler solution:

If it is only the light that is bothering you, you can do what I did. Simply remove the mil bulb from the instrument panel. I was tired of looking at it too, so I took it out! Performance hasnt changed a bit because of the original code, and now I dont have to look at the light. It's just an emmissions code, and you wont be hurt - it wouldnt pass inspection with the light on either. If someone says if you take the light out, then you wont know when something is seriously wrong with your car. I say to them, if you need a light to tell you something is seriously wrong with your car, you shouldnt be within 10 feet of a modified mustang.
Good luck!

Take it easy!
josh

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mil elliminators so that should be taking care of with o2 situation. I can have taking it tomuffler shops around town and everyone ahs said it can't be done. Thats :bs: , I know it can be done. The only reason I;m getting it hooked back up is cause it will be awhile before I get a chip made for it. I'm waiting to rebuild the motor first then I'll get one. I just want the car to run as right as possible til then.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fast96SVT said:
I have mil elliminators so that should be taking care of with o2 situation. I can have taking it tomuffler shops around town and everyone ahs said it can't be done. Thats :bs: , I know it can be done. The only reason I;m getting it hooked back up is cause it will be awhile before I get a chip made for it. I'm waiting to rebuild the motor first then I'll get one. I just want the car to run as right as possible til then.
Yes, it can be done - it's not easy in the least, but it can be done. The muffler shops more than likely dont want to hassle with it - and I can't blame them. If you can get the EGR on the header, and get it reconnected to the intake, the rest is cake. Just cut the diverter tubes in half (the tubes that run from the diverter valves to the front of #1 & #5), and use some rubber hose (high-temp if you have it, not sure what I used, but its still there :)), and connect the tubes with the fittings to the primaries, then cut the lenght of tubing you need, and connect it to the other half of the tube still connected to the diverter valve.

Take it easy!
josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts