Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to redo the trim on my rear side windows. I know some of you sanded them and repainted them. Can you tell me what you used please and any tips that will make it easier. Thanks

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
i had mine done the guy said he used 1200 grit first to smooth it down then he put some body filler on them to fill in the pits and then he sanded them back down wirh 1500 until he gotthem like he wanted them and then he sprayed them they look real good i can take a pic and send it to you if you like

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just did mine and they turned out pretty nice. I wet sanded with 100 grit to start, then progressed to 600 and 1000 grit. Between each sanding I cleaned with acetone. After sanding I painted with Plasti-Kote Flexible Spot Filler and Primer then wet sanded again with 1000 grit. I did this twice before painting with Plasti-Kote Trim Black. I applied the Trim Black 3 times after allowing each coat to dry. My mouldings were pretty dried out so I had to do alot of sanding. My advice is to take your time. Your windows really need to be out of the car. Sorry, but I don't have a close up photo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts