Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2k GT with the below mods. A PI 2800 Converter is being installed this weekend and a dyno tune is scheduled for the 22nd at True Blue in N.C. I have been told that the shifts will be "mushy" after the install and must be firmed up. Some say the only way is with a shift kit and others say it can be done with line pressure through the chip (using chip now). I also heard that the shift kits seem to ruin lots of these trannies. Can anyone that is running this converter using a chip to firm up shifts let me know if it is satisfactory? Before the inevidtable replies regarding a cooler come in be assured that there will be one there this weekend! Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I noticed in your sig your running a JMS chip already. You can just have the chip reprogramed to raise the shift points and line pressures. Some have had success with shift kits <Trans-Go> and others have had to have their transmissions rebuilt due to shift kit install disasters. <I went through that> As of right now, I'm using a chip that was burned by Guru Jerry Worbrowski <spelling??> of inject tech. I'm very happy with the way the trans feels feels now. Nice firm shifts but still smooth enough under normal driving. Hammer it to the floor and she'll even chirp the tires on the 2-3 shift. Another thing that may occur with your torque converter install is, that overdrive may wander in and out while at highway speeds. This can also be fix by way of chip reprograming.

Another route you go is to do the transmission modifications that Jerry wrote up in a Tech article located here. http://www.tccoa.com/ Look under Technical articles and select transmissions. read the articles about Jerrys Mod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts