Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you satisfied with this wheel?
Can I get away with running open lugs on stock length studs?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Convos are the pimp!!! Super light, way better looking than those nasty Welds that everyone and their grandma, including Auntie Elma, runs and they shiny!!

Yep, you'd be able to run open nuts. Only drawback I saw was the 4-lug sizing....biggest you can get is 15x8.5" with a 5" backspacing. This puts the wheel/tire right at the edge of the fender. Go 5-lug and your options are much better.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Really like the rims, like buff said not the same old, same old. The 4 lug do push the tire to the out side of the fender. Has not been a problem so far as I run SSM lift bars. I'm changing to weight jackers, so I may have to roll the fender lips. I'll post after I make the change.
Definitly the best looking race rim for 4 lug for the price. IMHO
Jeff

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
15x8.5 are only available in 5" BS for 5 lug also. 15x10 are 6.5BS. With my 275/50 BFG DR the tire and fender lip are about even. It looks good but I would like the car to be about 1" lower. I had Convos on my 66 Chevelle and wouldnt have anything else.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Check their website. You can get a 7.5" w/ a 5" backspace. That only shifts the tire/wheel outboard .25" instead of .75" compared to the 8.5" w/ 5" backspace. Does limit how wide a tire you can run but a 275/60 equivalent should fit no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts