Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any oil consumption issues or any other problems with your resleeved block? Also, does any one know approximately how much air flow is improved due to the unshrouding of the valves? How much power is it worth?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No oil consumption problems. Didn't even burn oil during break in. And I can't think of any reason why a larger bore would cause any more oil consumption over a standard bore.

I don't know how much of an improvement in airflow you get with the larger bore. You could measure it on a flow bench with a 3.7" bore and a stock bore.

Later

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Ron is my Hero! Sweet motor/project...let us know how it goes..

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
How about heat? Ron are you having any problems with all the extra heat due to the resleeve and the "comparitively" tighter bore-to-bore cylinder spacing on the 4.6?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ron, I want to open up my bore to 3.7'. Can I just buy the sleeves and have a local shop do all the machine work and sleeve it? Or do I need Liversmotorsports do all the work?? Thanks.

Later

·
Registered
188 Posts
TriBlkCobra ,

Haven't had any overheating problems, but I also have not had it out yet in anything much over 80 degrees. This summer will be the real test for heat managment. I was going to throw in a 180 degree thermostat just be sure it stays cool.

JOEYS,

Re-sleeving an AL block is nothing new, I'm sure you could find a good machine shop around you area to do the work. The only problem is that you have to do all eight cylinders which gets pricey.

Later

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ron99Cobra said:
The only problem is that you have to do all eight cylinders which gets pricey.
I'll say. The shop that did my 5.4 short block rebuild wants $1000 to sleeve the block. It is new, so it will need them. I'll have to shop around a bit more just to be sure.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ron,
Keep us posted on the temp thing. I am interested in staying naturally aspirated so I am interested in this setup. Thanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts