Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick long and short Few years back okay 6 now...I got with Chris at Pro - M and ordered all the parts I needed to move away from the OEM ECM and FI system.

Right now, running Pro M ECU circa 2016, Pro M harness, Pro M 75MM Maf, through BBK CAI and 75MM TB, Fuel hanger, upgraded branded lines....the works, I followed all of Chris' advice ( Thanks Chris) and the car runs well. 347 running 47lbs injectors. Its is a good running car.

My issue now is that every time I look under the hood there is this lump of an intake, and well I like the look of the Intake mounted TB. I guess it is Nostalgic looking.

I spoke to Sean today (thanks for reaching out Sean) and I got a parts list together. Intake, TB updated, Pig tail hardness, Ugly 90 degree elbow, Crank trigger....it adds up to about $2k Obviously I can sell off my old intake, TB ....I probably get a decent chunk of cash back....I don't think I will get any additional gains or maybe I would, But I will still have the maf and now an ugly 90 Degree elbow...

Anybody on here do a similar swap?

· Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,596 Posts
BBK CAI on a 347 is a massive choke point... get an anderson powerpipe if you stick with the existing setup

· USAF retired
10,266 Posts
You'll pick up peak power, but lose some low/mid-range, depending on the rest of the combo and what it's in it might not be an issue.

· Registered
8,632 Posts
If it runs good, I'd leave it alone. $2k is a lot to spend on a mild shift in the curve. Put that towards heads.

· Registered
4,451 Posts
I went back and forth about the looks for my old Ranchero to make it EFI. I didn't like the look of a two piece intake for that, and the big elbow and high dollar TB seems odd too. So the idea of a fake air cleaner on top(cut the bottom out), ... no that's no so great either. Then I decided maybe it's time to relent and accept the cost of an aftermarket system like the Pro M or Holley. Those will let me use any intake I like, so a normal carb intake, add EFI, and top with a traditional air cleaner.

Keep thinking on it if you aren't committed yet, sometimes time gives you a new answer.

Reactions: 1993GTVert

· Registered
4,451 Posts
I also meant to ask, per the title, how did you like the RPM II intake on the 347? What's the rpm band, shift point, where's most of the torque etc?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts