Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a thread about this before, but.......

Anyway, I looked at the Lambdaboy, and the AFM one......

I'm not sure which is better, but I do know that AFM is a very well known and reputable company....

Who is running these and what do you think????

I'm buying something real soon, THANKS!

·
US Air Force Active Duty
362 Posts
The AFM wideband works great. They only thing I didn't like about it is no datalogging. They say it will in the near future.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I have the EFI Systems wideband (the one that AFM sells) on order through Total Performance...just waiting on Brad to get the sensors in.

Troy

·
Registered
870 Posts
get one that datalogs. hard to tune watching numbers without knowing specific problem areas. without it, might as well be a low pressure light that just tells you your motor is sh!t now just before the kaboom

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
OK, have a question for you wideband guys. How would you data log the 02's if you you have a PMS and are data loging the run thought the PMS ? (interact) Just a thought . I would like to get one, but have questions about this.

·
3,478 Posts
Kind of a confusing question there. WHen you have the PMS base system, you have the hand held unit that the serial cable connects to. When you upgrad to the InterACQ software, that serial cable connects to the laptop instead of the hand held unit. The InterACQ has a virtual dashboard that you can monitor and datalog. Then play back and watch the 02s. A friend and I just made a lil bracket (nothing special) so I can mount the PMS hand held display so I can watch the O2s during a pass. This is till I get the wideband in the car. Later this year I will probably upgrade to the InterACQ software as I am not near ready to jump into the Extreme EFI set-up.

Troy

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You are right, the interact and the PMS does show 02 mili volts. ABout .60-.65 is about 12:1 . I put new 0'2s in when I went to Andersons so I would get a base line. What Andersons said is the factory 02' s are accurate, but they are very slow to react. Thats why I might feel that it may be hard to guess where the fuel needs to be moved from or too.

·
Registered
870 Posts
i beleive your trying to ask about the pms with wideband o2 datalogging capability and not factory o2 which everyone's answering about. to this i don't know but it will do egt's

·
3,478 Posts
Yea I've been told to shoot for .67-.69 on the O2s for a safe but aggresive tune. I do see what you saying, and I'm not sure if the InterACQ can be set-up to datalog actual wideband measurements...

troy

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Might have to mount a movie camera in the car ! I am surly not going to run 2 lap tops !

·
3,478 Posts
I am just going to do what Andrew did. Weld a bolt to a some half-pipe metal, and hose clamp it tight to the roll bar for a camera. Plus I will be happy to get my own wideband. There is one dyno very close to me but I don't want them tuning, and I don't like to drive real far to use the wideband there. Now I can just rent the dyno near me, and tune myself.

Are you against upgrading to the FAST or Accel set-up, both can datalog wideband readings. Also, you might wanna look into the Extreme EFI (from EFI Systems, who makes the PMS). I'm not positive but I think it has the ability to log wideband readings. Besides the EPEC, the Extreme EFI looks to be the best stand alone mass air set-up available. I would either call Rick @ AFM or call Brad @ Total Performance, both are EFI Systems dealers. I bought my PMS (and have the wideband on order) through Total Performance.

Troy

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the AFM wideband. it's signal to the display is 0 to 5 volts. We set up one of the channels on my Auto Meter Data logger to read in that scale.

Now we will be able to read the A/F on the data logger.

I have a PMS with Interaq also, Like someone said it will soon be able to data log the wide band also.

Robin

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
The Australian wideband version 1.5 has free datalogging software that logs to a palm pilot. It logs
A/F
RPM
and two other vouts that can be used for maf voltage and tps. It is a fantastic piece.

Gary

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I am not against the FAST system at all. I think it would be great. The only reason and I do mean only, is with the new engine, I was having a hard time finding someone around INDY to help with the tune. First, I bought an EPEC, nobody but Larocca can work on those damn things. Then I actually tried to buy a FAST from Lideo at Alternative Auto, but they wouldn't sell one to me. They said wasn't a repeat customer and Lideo didn't build my car. They said we don't want to waist our time on you if your car isn't right. So they are out. Then I talked with Pauls High performance, they only do chips. So then I went to Andersons and his PMS. I have a bunch of money in this new engine, I wanted a season Vet to do the initial runs and give the OK . Guess I got 680 OK's ! I think I might hold off until the new revision comes out. or look into the Ausy one.

·
3,478 Posts
Thanks for the info Uncle Robin. I remember reading about the Auto Meter dataloggin in your car.
302man, yes just wait and see what happens with the Extreme EFI, and if EFI systems changes the PMS up in the future, if your happy with the PMS so far. 680 is a decent start..lol.

Troy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone have any idea when InterAcq for Windows might support datalogging of a wideband? Also any idea if they will ever support Windows 2000? Maybe we'll get both together?

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts