Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car wont really be used for auto-x, but hey everyone loves a great handling car right? When using coilovers how adjustable is your ride height? Any pics of coilover kits on SN95 snakes? I'm looking for an agressive stance, good firm handling (not too soft) ect ect...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nice color choice. My cobra's the same color. Anyways, I hae the UPR coil-over. I have yet to install it though, because I'm waiting on a strut. I went with their whole front end kit. Not very impressed. Next time I'm goin with MM. I'll get some pics next week though. Should be in by then.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I hear Griggs is the best, but also the most expensive. Im not looking to sell one of my cough cough nuts to get this thing. Any cheaper alternitaves? Still must maintain quality though, not looking for crap :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Maximum Motorsport just came out with their new kit...also try D&D...

I plan on going to Griggs in the front once I have the money...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I don't RR, but like you like a good handling car. I have the Griggs K member, A arms, coilver system with 350 LB coilover springs and Griggs CC plates. Weight savings was in the area of 70 lbs (replaced heavy Steeda steel CC plates for 5 lbs saving). The front wheels were moves forward about 1", and out a little. I run 95 Cobra R springs in the rear, and just matched my front height to my rears (lowered about 1 1/4").
Car handles great. However, if doing again, I would check out the AJE kit with droped spindles (and Aerospace brakes option).

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yes I do have the Supersports...

My Cobra is lowered close to 2 inches in the front (tight three finger gap between tire and fender) and about 1.6 (comfortable four finger gap) in the rear. It doesn't look slamed, but very clean with the front being a little lower than the rear. The only thing I scrape is the black plastic piece that hangs low in front when exiting parking lots. If I go at a sharpe angle, I'm ok. When I had my stock H-pipe, I would scrape the cats on some of those rediculous entrances that some apartments and townhomes have that go straight up then down...but this usually happened because I had two people in the car with me. Once they were out, I would go over it fine...

The ride is pretty firm. I never bottom out, even when going about 80mph in the fast lane on the 405 freeway when hitting some of those dips... I've gotton use to the ride, and the car handles pretty good with whats done to it...

I'm running the 2000 R Bilstein struts up front with Bilstein HOs (newest application for our cars) in the rear...

I'll snap some pics, just give me till the end of the weekend...

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have the D&D full kit. However, I had to replace the springs that came with the kit due to coil bind. I'm using 325 lb. 10 inch Hypercoils and Koni DA's, and it's great. Pics on my web site.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
After researching the various coil-over conversion kits, the MM and Griggs kits stood out to be the best, IMHO. I opted for the MM...the best of the best :) Here are some pics>>>

http://www.flash.net/~ivc1/cobra/coilover.html

I'm running 425 lb/in Hypercoil springs with MM race valved Bilstein struts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Another vote for MM. Griggs is great stuff but pricey!
MM was the next and well worth it.

IMHO only the MM CC plate should be used for coil over application. I would also strongly suggest that the tower cross brace be installed on that 98 if you don't have one already.

As for front adjustability, I can run at stock height in front or lower till the bumper cover is on the ground! Though you would never lower that much.

The HR super race rear springs only lower about .75 inches so you need to adjust the front to your liking and not have too much rake.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Here is a picture of my car right now with the griggs kit... (the front is a little higher then normal with a one finger gap at the tire/fender but its been like that because of clearance with the collecters and the ground issues)
Oh for the tech guys the disstance from the back of the K bolts to the ground is set right around 7.7incs.... can't remember... might be wrong I am guessin cause its been a while.....

Click me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts