Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a 99 GT. It's stock except for Flowmasters. The motor is all stock as well as the interior and suspension. Only thing that I'm scared about is it's an AODE car. Car has low miles and leather. Now can you guys tell me if the AODE is a good trans? I usually drive a 5 speed, so an auto would be a welcome change. I'd eventually like to add a gear, Vortech, headers, and maybe a few other bolt ons. Don't want to drag race it. I'm mainly wanting a nice dependable car for everyday crusing and driving. I'd also add some suspension upgrades as well. The car is selling for 12,500 and has 52K on it.

Advice and help would be appreciated from you fellas.

Thanks,
Andy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Run the VIN thru a Carfax. If it's clean, go for it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
1999 GT

Sounds like the price could come down a bit. I bought my car a bit over 2 years ago with 22K on it for $12,000, and my car is an anniversary edition. Maybe I got a good price. As for the auto trans, it will be welcomed for city driving, but you'll get ticked when 5 spds start running cirlces around you (not to mention those F-bodies) As for mods, get some good exhaust, 4.10 gears, and then supercharge it with a good tune. You'll love it and wish you had done it sooner. Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
buy a new one u can get a new gt for right at 21K and its an 03 and youll get a better interest rate i thought id buy a 99 and save some money and ive made up the differance in replacing everything the guy or guys or girl or girls messed up that started to fall apart soon after purchase dont buy someone elses problem get one from ford its too little of a difference not too ill never buy another used mustang lol only brand new ones and thats when the next gen comes out :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the price down to 12K. I've driven the car quite a bit. Guess it depends on the finance rate I get. I don't mind the auto that much. Then again I don't plan on making the car a race car.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
just for reference purposes, i paid $11,900 for my 2000 GT with 50K on it, 5-spd, leather, mach 460, eibach springs, full mac exhaust. my opinion, i'd offer somewhere around $11k, maybe $11,200. if they're smart, they'll take it. JMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts