Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a blower accesory checklist. So far I have:

Aftermarket ignition system w/boost retard.
Fuel pressure gauge
Boost gauge

What else do you guys recommend? I'm thinking about getting a shift light and a rich/lean gauge (although people tell me its a waste)

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Yes I agree with the 255lph. Also everyone should get a good SFI balancer when they install the blower. The Autometer rich/lean gauge is a waste of money. For over 2 years I've only had a electric fuel pressure gauge, and boost gauge. And yes the aftermarket igntion with BTM is needed also. I also have a wideband on my car which helps tremendously. You will need colder plugs that are gapped lower around .035".

Troy

·
Registered
669 Posts
Redsnk95 said:
I also have a wideband on my car which helps tremendously.

Word. Although, i tune the car with a TwEECer, so without a wideband, i would be completely lost.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have the balancer, coler plugs, everything else like that. How expensive are the wideband meters?

Also I heard that the 255 intank would be a waste if you have an external pusher because they only push at 190. Is this true?

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Clemens9 said:
Word. Although, i tune the car with a TwEECer, so without a wideband, i would be completely lost.
Yea. I've been tuning with my PMS for a long time now and having the wideband now makes things much easier.

Steeda90GT: Widebands run anywhere from $500 on up. I have the EFI Systems wideband that sells for $550, it comes with everything and is a standalone unit.
As for the fuel pump that is not entirely true, I would opt for a 255 over a 190 even with the T-REX inline.

Troy

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$500? Ouch, I think I may opt for an intake before I get one of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts