Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the cops recovered my car stripped and trashed Mustang, the steering column is busted up. Could I still drive the car this way with a screw driver to start the ignition? Until I can find a steering column. Thanks. (they should go back to hanging thieves).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I drove it around like that for a week until I could get it fixed. I used a key to get in the car and used a screwdriver to start it. Fortunately, the cops caught the worthless sack that stole mine and he had to pay to get it fixed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
happened to me this week. they drove the car about 3 houses down and realized they couldnt steer the car and bailed. i heard my car start and ran back in and called the cops and was about to get in my truck and chase them but they were gone from the car by then. I need to figure a way to move the harness or something so if it happens again it wont be so easy. Columns are a pain in the butt and are expensive at the JY. I am going to rig a kill for my fuel pump very soon among other things. The one day i park it in the street it gets ripped. The worse thing is the cops who came to my house said they saw 2 young guys in a black GT that was all fixed up leaving my block but because i didnt give a discription as i saw no cars in the area they had no reason to follow them :mad:

I'm sure they were stealing it for parts but theyd be taking it apart all day and end up disappointed. The engine is tired all i have is a 5 lug brake upgrade with tri bars and fresh paint so if its a local mustang guy on the internet just to let you know my car is much prettier and louder than it is quick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts