Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering the thickness of the material of the battle boxes? Does anyone know? I need to know before I machine my own set....Thanks!!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
just answered this in the "plans" thread, but here goes it again. 14 gauge should be good enough, but id rather use 11 gauge (.120") or 1/8th" (.125"). I know some SFCs are made out of retangular 14gauge, so it might be strong enough, but .125 is hella stronger. Heavier too, but i think the added stregnth is worth the added weight, which shouldnt be much

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I am going to Machine my own set of Boxes...just to get this straight, there is the box in the picture and there is the top piece which goes in the car...right? Can anyone shed some light on the installation process...I have never done it before...but can make them perfectly to spec according to the plans...Thanks!!

Scott

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S.....I am looking into the cost of the material to fabricate the boxes, if anyone is interested, I can let them know of the cost of materials and how long it would take our engineering machine shop to make them...I can let anyone know about a final price also...Thanks for everyone's help!

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts