Ford Mustang Forums banner
281 - 300 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Also bought a new idle control valve and a set of Ford racing 9.0mm spark plug wires. I had hoped that would fix my idle issues but pretty much the same. Lol. Some days...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Really want to get my PiMPxs installed but the weather is nice so I've been rebuilding my back shed. Toys have to wait sometimes.

Attachments

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Wish it would rain.... LOL

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Well the blow off valve came in and I hooked it up. I'm hoping this Fixes the belt issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Installed the 80 lbs injectors and the PiMPxs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
I started the car with the PiMPxs installed. Pretty nervous as that's a lot of cash for me. To my surprise it fired right away. I've read a lot about having idle issues but mine just sat and idled at 1100 rpm. Need to work on getting that down a bit. Rev'ed the engine a bit and it's right there. Couldn't be happier. I verified my timing with the computer and it's spot on. Things are looking up. One thing about the PiMPxs is the tunerstudio comes with the basic version so no auto tune so I had to upgrade that. It's time for a road test and some auto tuning. I guessing I added 200 hp with the computer... see how it goes. Wish me luck.

Reactions: stanley93

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Thanks Stan and thank you for all your help setting it up. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Well a few problems. It seems my wideband isn't working. I've ordered a new sensor. Hope that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
The good news is I haven't shredded a blower belt since I added the blow off valve. So some progress. Also my spare came in yesterday. Hope I don't need it but I have it.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
Thanks. The good news is the new wideband sensor fitted my problem. I was out doing some tune and decided I should crank it up a bit to see where the AFR was running a higher boost. When I hit 10 psi it blow off the vacuum line to the PiMPxs and it started running rough so I got off the throttle quick. Well with the vacuum leak that created the blow off valve didn't work and out shot another belt. 🙄. Lucky I had the spare....

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
Well so much for the spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Looks like it walked off the back and got into the serpentine belt which knocked it off the crank. Car over heated pretty bad. Hopefully I didn't hurt the engine. I'm done with cogs for now, that's 5 belts I've tore apart. At almost 100 bucks a belt I can't afford to run it anymore. I have an 8 rib 8 inch serpentine crank pulley that is going back on.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
This will fix my belt issues. I hope....

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just read the whole thread, enjoyed it. Nice work! Hope you can resolve the belt situation and put some miles on it and get some enjoyment out of it.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Thanks. A bit of reading. Lol. I've taken off the cog system and bought a new serpentine belt. Hopefully I can get it out tomorrow. I just redid my VE table so see how that goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
My new table.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
Well things were going really good with the new belt and tune until. Boom. Sad day.

Attachments

281 - 300 of 301 Posts