Ford Mustang Forums banner
241 - 260 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Working on getting the exhaust system figured out. It's going to be pretty tight.

Attachments

Reactions: coupe1993

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Not too bad conceding it's stainless to steel using Flux core wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Gave it a shot of the instant new.... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Today's job. Extending the O2 wiring harness. Seems they are a little short on the new headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
After looking for half the day myself my wife found it in about 30 minutes. The secret to power. Lol. Think I'm going to need a retune. But better then nothing for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
My wife says I need good brakes so I don't kill myself. So I've ordered some parts. My other brake lines have a lot of cracks from sitting so long.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Gone it started with just the headers on

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Installed the exhaust and finally got it to idle. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
My fan controller took a dump so I wired in a new digital one. See how it works

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Started working on my fuel system. After looking at the tank pickup it has a AN 10 feed but only a AN 6 return. Not sure why they would design it like that but I decided to upgrade the return to an AN 8. Hope it does the trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Got it mounted in the tank. Now to figure out get get my fuel gauge to work correctly. It reads in reverse currently

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Think I fixed my fuel level sending unit. Just cut it, turned it 180 degrees and welded it back together. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
My favorite place delivered what I hope is the last of my parts I need to finish the car. New X1 regulator. AN 8 return fuel line. And a bunch of fittings. Shouldn't be long now. Getting excited. It's been a long haul. :unsure:

Attachments

Reactions: coupe1993

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Well I've installed my fuel system. Pump built up pressure to 30 psi so I adjusted the new regulator up to 39. Started the car and all seems good so far. Installed my brake drums after getting them machined and mounted the rear wheels. No cap on them as I need to torque the nuts yet. Getting really close.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
If anybody remembers back when I was getting the engine together I came up with the Brite idea to remove the smog pump and put the alternator where that was. Well all good except that the alternator pulley is a quarter the size of the smog pulley so that when the belt runs from the alternator to the power steering pump the belt pretty much rubbed on the water pump pulley. That was the tightest belt I could get on. As soon as the belt stretched a little bye bye belt. So I came up with a fix. I mounted an idler pulley up on the supercharger bracket plate to move up the belt. Just waiting on my new belt to come in and it should be all good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
I received my new belt today. 81.0". It's working out awesome with about an inch clearance. I can tighten my adjuster I build in up to an inch more but I think I'm good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Finally getting the front brakes done.

Attachments

Reactions: Cornman

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Took it for the first drive. A few bugs to work out but it runs strong. I have a little video but can't get it to up load yet

Attachments

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Had to put it on you tube

241 - 260 of 301 Posts