Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cutting right to the chase. Did 3 pulls, and the last one was the highest.

Acutal:

265.5 rwhp and 310.6 rwtq :eek:

SAE:

253.9 rwhp and 297.0 rwtq. :cool:

So, from last dyno's SAE numbers of 230 rwhp and 262 rwtq, i picked up a soild 24 rwhp and 35 lb/ft of torque with the addition of the VRS catted X pipe and the steeda underdrive pullies.

At this point i would like to personal thank SD for his headswap kit, and rescend all my comments about hinting that his port work was sub par.

I would also like to leave a message for all you catted pipe haters: WHAT'S UP NOW!?!?!? My car is quiet on road trips, doesn't smell like gas, and MAKES power.

My air/fuel is decent in the low to mid range, and crashed to about 11.8 in the upper rpm's. My friend John (98GTfromGA) has all dyno pulls saved on disk, and as soon as i upload the winpep program i will post the graphs.

Thank you, and please drive through. :)

Matt

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, after seeing my friend Jose (Deisel) use his MAFterburner today on the dyno, i might opt to buy one of those, along with a timing adjuster and tune it myself.

The MAFterburner was SO simple and easy to adjust air/fuel.

This will also be more friendly to mods later on down the road.

Though, Fordchip.com would probably be able to better tune my car, and get some awesome numbers out of it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats on the numbers. Glad to see your getting satisafication (sp?) from your headswap. Curious as to what your numbers would have been with a O/R pipe and a good dynotune.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
97MattGT said:
I would also like to leave a message for all you catted pipe haters: WHAT'S UP NOW!?!?!? My car is quiet on road trips, doesn't smell like gas, and MAKES power.
Yea but you would make MORE power with an o/r :p hehe.

Anyway, good to see you are finally happy with that headswapped car. See i told you it wasnt the port job. ;)

Congrats
Dave

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Good to see it finally woke up. You are around what I was making with my 97. I guess that stock mid pipe does choke it all up. :eek:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Congrats Matt. Long time coming, well deserved! But don't discount an offroad pipe, there is still power to be had there. later that is...

I would say get in touch with Mark, and get a MAFterburner, you can get some more tweaking the upper rpm range. Good luck!

joe

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Juiced- you got mail. :)

edit:

program being screwy. I just took a pic with my digital camera. I'll scan the graphs later on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Matt,
That's phucking awesome!!!!! Can you email me a copy of your dyno graph as well? Thanks and congratulations bro...

Rigo

·
Registered
268 Posts
the catted x pipe, in conjunction with the headswap, may have given you the right combination of flow/backpressure for optimal HP/TQ. These 4.6's need some backpressure to make the most power.

Would be interested to see what your car would do with a really good tune....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Congrats Matt. Get the timing taken care of and you should have a permanent grin ear to ear. :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
rigcol said:
Matt,
That's phucking awesome!!!!! Can you email me a copy of your dyno graph as well? Thanks and congratulations bro...

Rigo

will do...what's your email?

MobileAL98GT-

yeah, i figured, and also talked to Shannon about that. The catted X pipe (in theory) would allow the better scavenging in the upper RPM's due to the X design, while the high flow cats would help to retain some of the torque.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Matt nice numbers. I haven't taken mine to a dyno yet. I would like to see what mine makes. Why didn't you get rid of the cats anyway? What did you say you had on there again?? Borla all the way back right? Hey I have to talk to you about something. remind me to PM you later. Peace

·
Registered
371 Posts
Matt,
Check your PMs

Rigo

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
lol Blah blah blah

Glad to see it coming around please change your profile now :)

Hopefully You'll come to Orlando so we can run sometime.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone.

Joe- give me a place to crash for the night, and i'll run you at OSW. :D

question is, can you handle it? :cool:

Matt

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Thank the lord, he got his car issues straight :cool:

Bet it feels like a whole new car now doesn't it?

:joy:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts