Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the differance between a dry shot and a wet shot.

what shot is safer.

advantages/disavantages

any different power gains.

what system would you use? and why?

·
Registered
671 Posts
i would go for a dry kit because if u use a wet kit people have alot of problems with puddling. both systems are safe as long as you install it right the first time around

the difference ina wet system and dry is:

WET SYSTEM nitrous and extra fuel are injected into the air outlet though the nozzle(s)

DRY SYSTEM: nitrous oxide only is sprayed into the intake where it changers into a gas

myself i would go for a port system but its harder to install because its injected into each cylinder but a dry system is easier the horse power gains are different depending on which jet and injection u go with thx brandon hope this helps man.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot for the break down.

I have a NOS stage 1 kit.. 75 dry shot.. they have a add on in summit to change that 75 to 150. Was just wondering if It would be safe to go bigger with a dry kit.

My buddy has been spraying a 125 shot on his 5.0 for over a year with no problems.. and he goes through a bottle a week. ;)

Thanks again.

·
Registered
508 Posts
no need to purchase the add on kit from summit cause all you need is a 1/4 washer that will fit into the blue nitrous regulator and a 67 nitrous jet/42vacuum tee jet and make sure you have a pusher pump or a good in tank pump such as a 190lph/255lph!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts