Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The irs is bolted up. The driveshaft will be from a 2000 ford explorer Eddie Bauer 2wd. I'm just waiting on buying a slip yoke that matches 1330 u-joint and 28 spline tremec.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at picking up another piece tomorrow. Hopefully. Spring can't come soon enough for me because I don't have a garage. The Daddywagon is going to be 100% street. It will probably never see a drag strip. Heck! I have never been to a drag strip! I did however do a Skip Barber racing school in Las Vegas years ago along with a shifter kart school in San Diego. Closest to me would be NJMP. We'll see how far I get.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
def a cool project you got there. cant wait till its finished.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bad ass project but I'd be pissed if I had to stare at that mess in the front yard of my neighborhood
Yeah. Thank goodness there are real mechanics like myself out there who can do that kind of work for you. I don't have a garage. If I went to a mechanic or garage and said take the suspension out of this mustang and the powertrain out of this mustang then pull those same 2 systems out of this wagon and put the mustang stuff in there, not sure you could even have that done. And I did it all by myself without anyone else's help at all during 2 weeks of vacation.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Yeah. Thank goodness there are real mechanics like myself out there who can do that kind of work for you. I don't have a garage. If I went to a mechanic or garage and said take the suspension out of this mustang and the powertrain out of this mustang then pull those same 2 systems out of this wagon and put the mustang stuff in there, not sure you could even have that done. And I did it all by myself without anyone else's help at all during 2 weeks of vacation.
Hell no I couldnt have done that, not knocking the work at all.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Do you think you will eventually go to a 351w engine as the extra torque would really help get that thing moving.

Just curious, what is the curb weight of your wagon? Cool project.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny you should mention, I was definitely thinking 351 as evidenced by the two lower intakes I have. Went to look at an engine today guy parting out f350. He was giving me engine and trans for $300. Well let me tell you that truck must've lived in salt. Rust scaling of the walls of block and no casting number to speak of. I walked away. Oh well. I have no idea on curb weight. Especially with the independent rear suspension.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Bad ass project but I'd be pissed if I had to stare at that mess in the front yard of my neighborhood
Man it's just another gear head making the most of what he has.

Sweet wagon man, the neighbors can get over themselves lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
Love it!!! Screw the neighbors! Wish you lived by me I'd be drooling over this project so would my father inlaw. Round here you Def would of had help from us on the weekends and after work b.c we are a little nosey when it comes to wrenching but not in a bad way, we just want to wrench a bit. Maybe see a burnout at the end....make it fun

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Love it!!! Screw the neighbors! Wish you lived by me I'd be drooling over this project so would my father inlaw. Round here you Def would of had help from us on the weekends and after work b.c we are a little nosey when it comes to wrenching but not in a bad way, we just want to wrench a bit. Maybe see a burnout at the end....make it fun

man where were you when I built my car I woulda let you help lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for the positive comments! I'll keep updating as things progress. The weather is definitely a factor. This is the longest winter ever! Something has to be done about that groundhog!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
yea I agree about winter but that goes to show how long its been since we had a normal winter atleast here anyway and now with another snow storm coming def sucks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
man where were you when I built my car I woulda let you help lol
Haha just checked and saw you live in brick....I'm just down in forked river ...so if there's help needed reach out b.c my in law im talking about that loves to wrench is in silverton...we're always messing with something..got my coupe, 03 cobra vert, his 04 cobra vert and his 91 lx vert with an on3 with a turbonetics 78mm going on this spring...come play!

1 - 20 of 184 Posts