Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Corral will be part of the 2004 Popular Hot Rodding Engine Master's Challenge!

Our team will be submitting a small block Ford based entry contigent upon final rule modification.

In previous years we have used our website sponsor as a place to group as a team for sharing ideas, parts and funding support. The entire build is outlined and shared with the site and our entry is truely a team based entry.

Our engine builder is Dave McClain of McClain's Automotive in Cuba, MO. Head design and port work will be handled by Scott Johnston. Brian Adams, AD Performance, will be primary parts supplier.

More information forthcoming as rules are verified (PHR hasn't finalized the rules.) For more information on the competition please visit:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/challenge/2004/

Brian Adams
AD Performance

·
Registered
513 Posts
what numbers are you shooting for?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We're still trying to finalize our entry and haven't formulated 'taget' numbers, still lots of work to do before that. Also keep in mind that the engine is based upon averages, not peak performance.

Just for comparisions sake the winning engine 2 years ago made 619hp and 529 torque from a smaller displacement combination.

Primedia has previously allowed a Cleveland head on a Windsor block, we're hoping for the same this year and have things on hold until we're given a finalized ruling.

Brian

·
Registered
125 Posts
Best of luck guys!

I believe our engine builders here have been kicking this idea around too. Perhaps we'll come play... ;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Brian,
Great to see Dave and Scott contributing to the build. I've been reading the network 54 board for years and they really know their stuff. Now, if we could just convince Jon Kaase to be on our team instead of his own.....................

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
AWESOME!!! Well best of luck to the Corral Team!! I'm assuming this will be a high revving 408 project then??

·
Registered
333 Posts
what ever came out of all this?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yes, I agree.. no word. Did it blow up? LOL :)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, not blown up. :p

I'm going to make a seperate post outlining our progress and parts selection but a brief outline:

Windsor blocks and Canted valve heads were not allowed this year (they were 2 years ago.) Our engine plan had to change from a DART bottom end to a production type Cleveland block.

The competition is the first week in October.

We are using a cylinder head by an Australian company, CHI. After the competition there should be some noise on these heads, they offer 330+ cfm and fantastic velocity. These are the final component we're waiting for and should be here within a couple days.

Pistons, crank, rods, block are all completed and waiting on the heads. We should have 6-8 weeks of time on the dyno.

I'll post some more specifics when I have the heads finished and some more time. We melted a cylinder in the hydroplane again and I have to correct that before the next race.

Brian

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ohh, well I just figured it blew LOL. Good Luck and hopefully the heads arrive in one piece :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts