Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here it is everyone. I can't make my mind up, to much good info. I loved the thread on the spout out, awsome!!!!!! Got me thinking 42lbers, no fmu, and a btm. Boom, then I read some stuff on I don't have to go that big, Yadi Yada.

So I'm asking for help/advise or more of who can convince me the most.

I have a stock block 95gt with, TFS street intake, NOVI 2000, MSD 6btm, xhaust, 70mm tb, tremec 3550, spec stage II, etc....
I will be putting on heads when I save the money. Probably Twisted wedge.

The ?'s at hand
1 size injector
2 mass air
3 fmu/no fmu
4 spout in/out
5 fuel pump/pumps

Thanks everyone and sorry if I start a war but this is killing me and I want to get my car done some time this year. Its only been a couple days since I started the novi install and I need to order my injectors/mass air/fuel pump(s) to finish.

The rookie
Hobs

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi,

I would probably go with 42's for injectors, an 80mm Pro M MAF, no FMU (but verify with a dyno session if you can, cuz every car's a little different).

For pump(s), well, that depends on how much loot you wanna spend. Wanna drop $1300-$1500, do a full fuel system (I like the Aeromotive stuff best myself). Dont want to spend that much, then do a Walbro GSS 340 high pressure pump in the tank, and a 'T-Rex' style external pump with it.

As far as spout in vs spout out, it looks like that's a try it and see if your car responds to it kind of thing. So when you get your car together, try it out and see if your car likes it.

Lastly, dont agonize over these choices. It's all been done before, many times, many different ways. Read the board here, and just pick the way you like best, and works best for your wallet.

Hope this helps,
Jim

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey Swinerton,

Thanks for the props Bro, I try :).

Hey, while I have your eye, how do you like that Track Heat intake? I have a customer who has a choice between that intake and an Edelbrock Performer. I think the Track Heat would be better. Do you like yours? Did it make a nice, broad power curve?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank for the advise lx. No I do not have the money to go with a full fuel system.

Also I forgot to mention this is my daily driver also. Does this change anything?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi HOBS95GT,

You're welcome, hope the info is helpful. Regarding daily driver status, no, there's really no difference in what I said, although sometimes folks will have trouble with hard starting with larger injectors when the car is hot (summer time). Not everyone, but some will. Just mention that to make you aware, not to scare you off of the 42's. I would still recommend them no problem.

See ya,
Jim

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
The power curve is OK, the torque curve could be better.

I would have gone performer or RPM if I had the choice again. Plus, the upper is reallly starting to look pretty ugly in there:eek:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey Cory,

Thanks man, I'll let him know that. I think he was leaning towards the Edelbrock anyway, as he was scoring a deal on it cuz it was used.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats pretty much what I've seen and heard. Hard starts and idle problems also. Well I guess I'll go as planned. Thanks again.

Can't believe there wasn't a war started with this one.

By the way do you happen to know anyone selling 42lbers and a 80mm.

Later,
Tom

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
HOBS95GT said:

By the way do you happen to know anyone selling 42lbers and a 80mm.

Later,
Tom
Not off hand, but you can find them together on Ebay or Corral classifieds for around 350.00 or so.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
You're welcome Hobs, glad I could help.

BTW, thank YOU for keeping sh*t safe for us here at home. Be safe over there and hurry back Bro.

Jim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again!

Oh no problem with the safe stuff. Thanks for bringing that up. Actually I'm back now, so is Helmdini. We both came back the same day. I guess I have to fix my sig. I feel bad for the guys still over there. They keep getting extended. It happened to us a few times too. We just got lucky some how. Again thank you for caring.

later,
TOM

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Almost forgot. I bought autolite 23's and I was also wondering if these were good for my combo. I know 25's are stock. Also what kind of gap?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey Hobs,

Either 23's or 24's could work. 23's might be too cold. Where as you have iron heads tho, they might work OK. Try the 23's you have and see. If the car seems to have a 'skip', and you pull the plugs and they are black and sooty looking, move up to 24's. Gap them at .035". BTW, how much boost are you running?

See ya,
Jim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not know how much boost yet. I'm not done installing the blower. I'm waiting for my injectors, maf, fuel pumps, and a couple more small parts. I don't know how much boost the kit is suppose to put out either? Do you?

Oh yeah I went ahead and bought 42's a 80mm and a 255hp in tank and a 255 inline

I think all I need now is a boost and fuel gauge.

I also need to finish the car. The neighbors are starting to ask me for tools and advise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, Just got the car done. Now i just have some minor tuning info. Id like to know a good baseline tune to run before i have it on a dyno and get a chip burnt. Right now its real safe, im running stock 10* timing with the BTM on 2 and the spout in, and with fuel pressure im running 41psi with no vac. and an intank 255 as far as the pump. Right now with the restrictor in i should have about 8 PSI at full spool.

What should i be able to bump the timing up to? what should fuel pressure look like? how about the BTM? Right now it runs fine and is very safe and id like to not lose any of that, but still make a little more power with a better tune. Any help with a temporary tune for this beast is much appreciated!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts