Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... the 98 Cobra sat for about a month. Now, there are two annoying problems.

1) The parking brake light goes out intermittantly. When applying the brake, sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Althought he brake always works. What's up with this?

2) The lights are dim. All driving conditions, RPM's, ect.

Anybody had these problems after letting their snake sit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never had any of those issues and mine occasionaly has sat for more than a month.

I've got a 98 Cobra with only 12k miles.

Couple of questions though: Have you had the parking brake issue fixed yet? Recall, I forget the number. Second: are you sure the lights are dimmer? Or does the vehicle you usually drive have newer/brighter lights?

Just a couple of things to think about.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Caki said:
Never had any of those issues and mine occasionaly has sat for more than a month.

I've got a 98 Cobra with only 12k miles.

Couple of questions though: Have you had the parking brake issue fixed yet? Recall, I forget the number. Second: are you sure the lights are dimmer? Or does the vehicle you usually drive have newer/brighter lights?

Just a couple of things to think about.

Good Luck
Yes the recall has been done.

Perhaps you're onto something about the headlights.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The brake light thing is indicative of low brake fluid. Check your master cylinder and make sure you have enough brake fluid in there. When the car's weight shifts, it can trip a sensor if the fluid level is too low.

The lights being dim could be a low battery voltage from sitting so long or maybe someone bumped the headlight switch and turned it, dimming the interior dash board lights? Sounds silly but it would be an easier fix than messing with the battery. If you are including the headlights and interior lights in your statement, I would definitely check the battery's voltage or drive the car for 10-15 minutes to see if the battery can build it's charge back up. If your battery has an indicator on it (small circle on top of the battery that usually shows green) check it to see if it is red. That could indicate a low charge or a bad cell. Just some things to check out. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys!

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts