Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well first off i will have to say thanks to my wife for understanding the passion i have for mustangs. she has been a pretty good about all this but i did not really expect to go all out like this however we never expect things to go exactly like we plan either. so here is the current build, i will try my hardest to up date this thread as often and with pics as soon as i can.

i bought this cobra in october of 2009. it was stock except for a 2.8 upper pulley and diablo red chip and a k&n drop in filter. car made 500 rwhp.

7 months later i bought a 2.3L whipple and all supporting mods. with 21 psi of boost the car made 621 rwhp and 595 rwtq.

we here we are again 13 months later, and im bored with the car again. this time i was going to do a 2.9L whipple, but something changed my mind.

so here is what i currently have on order

hellion 76mm precision turbo with ball bearing and billet wheel

boss 5.0 block

327 rotating assembly

3.800 kelogg 4340 crank
manley billet I-beam rods with arp 2000 bolts
custom diamond pistons
tool steel wrist pin
stainless rings

80lbs injectors
fore fuel rails

bulit sra with 31 axles
3.73 rear gear

front and rear upr suspension with coil overs in the front

2004 cobra heads with ferrea valves ported and upgraded crower springs with titanium keepers

(fuel system im still debating about what to get for a tank and pumps)

im sure im leaving out a lot but you guys get the idea.

ill post some pics tonight when i get home

looking to make 800+ rwhp with 16-18 psi street tune and 1000+ with 23-25 psi and some c16 :eek:

should be fun. its gonna break the bank but hell ive wanted to do this forever. i just had to put my foot down and commit to it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
awesome build man- don't think the 80# injectors will hold up for what you want, but everything looks good. hopefully it doesn't you as long as a lot of poeple that got the 5.0 block to finish their project. just make sure you have it machined-there are alot of threads on svtperformance.com about the 5.0 block and all the little things about it that you may want to look at. as far as fuel_ I have a weldon 1100A and love it,

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
No need for Ti retainers since it's not gonna be spinning over 7k.

What intake manifold?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Look to see if there is E85 available in your area. Cheaper then using C16 all the time and runs cooler. Look into it on the Distillery on SVTP.

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No need for Ti retainers since it's not gonna be spinning over 7k.

What intake manifold?

01 cobra upper and 03 mach 1 lower

probably shifting around 6400-6700

the retainers came with the heads.

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
before

progress is moving right along...

and she's out!

we need to fill her with something .... looks like this will do :D

more to come stay tuned... now just a waiting process its gonna be about 4 weeks or so for the custom pistons

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man i cant rest... damn, the ups man and fedex man have about 4-6 boxes being delivered tomorrow....

i feel like a kid in a candy store.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
May be a stupid question, but why does it have blue valve covers in most of the pics except when the engine is removed??? :confused:

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
May be a stupid question, but why does it have blue valve covers in most of the pics except when the engine is removed??? :confused:
I kept my covers and put some aviator covers on there.

I also kept my coil covers and installed factory ones.

Good eye :)

·
Registered
10,179 Posts
this build is gonna be f*cking badass when its done bud.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
:angel: My hero!!!!! your wife IS awesome!!!! looking forward to the build process

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:angel: My hero!!!!! your wife IS awesome!!!! looking forward to the build process
She don't know about build yet .... LoL j/k. She's not thrilled about all the money being spent. But we still can pay all bills and have living money. I'm excited for the build. Next up will be nhra safety equipment and a nhra license.

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well the exhaust and some misc parts came in.

Mach 1 timing cover lower intake and 01 cobra upper.

Still waiting on turbo, suspension, and other misc stuff.

Next up will be getting stuff powder coated.

·
The OASIS Guy
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It came in today. Wife took the pic

:evilgrin:

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is going to be one SICK ride!

1 - 20 of 297 Posts