Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked the archives but could not find a straight answer to my question about baffles and TFS valve covers. I am doing a head swap and putting on TFS twisted wedge heads with 1.6 roller rockers. I went ahead and bought TFS tall valve covers and had them drilled for the oil stem kit. The question that I have is do I need to have a baffle on there and was wondering if I need one. Won’t oil be thrown right up in the hole? What should I do?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have the same covers....didn't put a baffle in them....and yes, oil does just shoot up through.

So yes, get a baffle in them...and while your at it, tell me how you did it :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a PCV that would thread into my oil stem, would this help keep the oil from getting sucked up?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Are you running that line to your intake? Not wanting to start another PCV discussion, just wondering where you're going with that line on the oil fill.

My reccomendation, assuming you're going from the oil fill to like the intake tract or something, would be to get one of those inline fuel filters. PCV valves need vacuum to function, so I'm not sure that will work.

Also, I'm not sure how that oil fill fits in, but summit sells some kick ass grommets with built in baffles.
Check them out

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Not sure i like the looks of that hanging off my valvecover.....anyone know how to install a baffle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts