Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the TFS TW's with a Track heat intake or AFR 165 with an RPM be better for an S trim with stock cam? What about injector size? Would 30's be big enough?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would run 36# or 42# inj depending on boost level. I would hate to think you are spending all that time and money, but staying with the stock cam. With the heads and intake off, the cam should be a breeze. But to answer your question I would run the TW Track heads (they have better springs and retainers than the standard TW) with the Track Intake, but maybe the RPM if you change cams. The AFR heads flow well, but the valves they use are JUNK IMO. The quality is a little better with the TW and you can port the TW later on to out flow the AFR 185 and get really close to the AFR 205. You can upgrade the springs and valves from AFR, but its around $200. That would put them around $400 more than the TW track head. Of course, the AFR spring/valve problems shouldn't effect you much with the stock cam.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Kieth. What would be a good "off the shelf" cam to run with an S-trim and Track Heat heads? My exhaust is 1 5/8 long tubes with off road pipe and flowmaster cat back. I plan on going with a 70 mm t/b and 80 mm mass air. Would I still need an fmu with 36 or 42lb injectors? As you can tell I don't know much about it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i wouldnt be afraid of running the stock cam, there are many people running in the 10s with it. Just check out the Real street class. But like keith said, if your changing the heads/intake then a cam swap would be very easy since you have the whole engine opened up already.
Definetely go with the 42s because it will give you more flexibility in the future to get more power.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The TW heads will allow you to run the F303 without piston to valve interference probs. It is not the best there is, but it is fairly cheap, easy to get, and will give a pretty big boost above stock. I generally use Ultradyne Cams, but they cost nearly double the F. I usually use the 284HR12. It has .525" lift intake and exhaust with 112* lobe sep at 284* adv and 218* @ .050". It is the largest I have tried with stock pistons and the TW. It will clear the pistons without any problems. Real street does use the stock cam to run 10s, but they set it up so the car will turn 7000rpm to do it. I would prefer to run 36# inj and keep the FMU, but 42# would give more room to grow. They are just a little more difficult to tune without a chip. At 8-10psi you may be able to use the 42s without running a chip or FMU. At 12psi you will most likely need the FMU even with the 42#.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Jon89 said:
Thanks for the reply Kieth. What would be a good "off the shelf" cam to run with an S-trim and Track Heat heads? My exhaust is 1 5/8 long tubes with off road pipe and flowmaster cat back. I plan on going with a 70 mm t/b and 80 mm mass air. Would I still need an fmu with 36 or 42lb injectors? As you can tell I don't know much about it.
i run s-trim at 10-12lbs, track heat heads, track heat intake and comp cams 284HR blower grind cam.

·
Registered
556 Posts
the only graph i have is when i was having induction problems with the blower inlet tube. also it was not with my new TFS track heat intake. i should have a new dyno graph in a month or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts