Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm getting really ballsy with my car, my thing was to just put GT40Ps on it with a Cobra intake.....keep the stock cam......stay with a mild combo.

Well, my opinions keeps swaying back and forth. My cousin is getting rid of his AFR 165s.....his willing to let them go for $1000 (I think I could talk him down). He also has a TFS R intake that he he's selling cheap. The R was never bolted to the AFRs.

My question is that I can get the R intake cheap, and probably get the AFRs for a decent price too, but would the TFS R intake kill all the bottom end on a stock bottom 302 with AFR 165s? I'm thinking it will, but I'd still like to hear other opinions.

Thanks,
C. Focker

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I would think it would be a bit much, you will at least need a cam other than the stocker to really use that intake. Probably a Edelbrock or Cobra would be the idea with AFR 165's...

·
Registered
508 Posts
you should definently use some sort of cam with those two and it should run decent?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
According to FoxLake, they dont recommend the R until you run either a stroker or 15+ psi boost on a 302...
Turned me away, and I got the Track Heat and Stage-II cam for my S-trim combo with TFS-TW Stage-II heads.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I borrowed a friends just to see how close it matched my 185's and it didn't. Without porting the heads, they won't match. So sufficed to say, the 165's will be the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts