Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped out my cobra intake for a TFS track heat. I started it and it would barely run. My vaccum guage wasnt moving at all. Stuck at 0. I connected my PVC to the hole in the upper plenum on the drivers side. I plugged three of the four holes on the under side middle of the upped plenum. The fourth hole I connected to the canister thing. I am using an intake elbow adapter for my 95. The hole in it i have connected to everthing else like vaccum tree, egr, blower bypass, map sensor, fuel pressure regulator, and FMU. I have a plug in the lower number 5 runner also. Is there any other vaccum connections I didnt see? My intake didnt come with directions and ive looked on the trick flow website but I dont see what i missed. Any help or ideas on what to check?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
ok, im just guessin here, but this could easily be your prob.
if you have an aftermarket fpr, the egr can could be holding the upper off the lower a little on that corner, and could be responsible for the very low vacuum. it has to be something huge, as even with a few major leaks i have had over the years the worst caused me to have about 4" at idle. try and stick a small flat head screw driver between the plenum and the base at the right rear of the intake.

good luck

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input matt. i check the clearence and i have prolly 3/8" between the areomotive AFPR and my upper/lower intake. it seems to be set down evenly between the upper and lower. i torqued the upper to lower at 20 ft/lbs. anyone else have any ideas? i havent set the timing yet because it wont hardly run. i did manage to check it and it was about 3/4"-1" to the drivers side the the timing mark. the timing being this off couldnt cause my car to have no vaccum could it? can i set the timing using just the starter while turning it over?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also checked the clearence between the egr and the passenger side valve cover and i have approx. 1/4". i rechecked all vaccum connections again and i swear everything looks right.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel stupid. It was just timing :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts