Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously tossing around the idea of a 331 buildup. I am gonna reuse the 6037's i have, but don't really know what else i am gonna use at this point. Let me know your combo and how ya like em.

Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
do a post "attention David's95gt" and ask for his list. He's a good friend of mine who just did a 331 with untouched 6037s, and other goodies including an s-trim. He's getting 545RWHP. I rode in the car.......absolutely impressive!

V/R

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,393 Posts
You might want to do a search on this topic. The exact same question has been asked several times recently. BTW, see my sig.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screamin' 90LX said:
do a post "attention David's95gt" and ask for his list. He's a good friend of mine who just did a 331 with untouched 6037s, and other goodies including an s-trim. He's getting 545RWHP. I rode in the car.......absolutely impressive!

V/R
What did you car run? We have almost identical combo's

·
Registered
735 Posts
well unless your running a poweradder your going to pretty much have colse to the same hp as a 302 with the same stuff andmore torque . if your stuck with those heads port them some the motor will make more hp with more cylinder head.

·
Registered
735 Posts
my combo was realy stupid simple i sat and played with that performance trends engine analizer for weeks before i picked my parts turns out of all the stuff i entered what worked best was basic off the shelf stuff. i was running a stock roller block eagle rotating assembly srp pistons 10.5.1 compression a stock set of vic jrs a vic jr intake a bigs 750 carb and a tfs stg 3 cam i launched the car at 6000 rpm ****ed it at 6700 . the car had 10 second potential but i couldn't get the suspension issues worked out. it would unlaod the tires on the 1-2 shift alot of the time . i now have a bit different engine set up and some nitrous on the car with a p/a c4 with a trans brake rather than the tremec i also swapped some suspension parts and will be ading a anti roll bar inplace of my air bag.so i realy would like to see some 10.0's or better this yr.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Here is the recipe:

Engine: S-Trim 10#'s, Powerpipe, B50 Sportsman block, 331 stroker kit, 4340 forged crank, 4340 H-Beam rods, Diamond forged dished pistons (9:1:0 comp), Moly file fit rings, Canton main girdle, Canton windage tray, Canton 7 qt oil pan, ARP studs throughout, stock Edelbrock 6037's, TFS Stage II cam, FMS 1.6 RR's, Holley System Max intake, BBK 65mm TB, Kirbin AFPR, 42lb injectors, Pro-M 80mm mass air meter, GSS340 intank pump, Walbro 392 inline pump, Fluidyne radiator.

Exhaust: BBK ceramic headers, Off-road X-pipe, Hooker Ultra Flow 2 1/2 catback.

Powertrain: Tremac TKO, RAM 900 series Clutch Kit, RAM Billet Steel Flywheel, Aluminum quadrant & adjustable clutch cable, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FMS Aluminum Driveshaft, Driveshaft safety loop, FMS 3.73 gears.

Suspension: Eibach progressive springs, KYB AGX adjustable struts & shocks, HAL K-Member, Mac rack bushings, Hotchkis caster/camber plates, Megabite Jr's lower control arms, Welded subframe connectors, Cobra 13" front brakes, '98 Cobra R Rims, Nitto Drag Radials.

Electronics: Fordchips tune/chip, MSD6A, MSD Billet Distriburator, MSD Coil, 9mm FMS Wires, Autometer Phantom temp-oil-boost-a/f gauges, MSD shiftlight, battery moved to the trunk.

Time is in the sig. Thanks Jim ;)

David

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
All Motor here

B50 Block .030 over
Scatt Crank
Scatt Rods
Probe Custom Pistons 13:1
TEA TW Stage 2 heads
Super Victor Intake
BIGS 750 Stage 5
Kooks 1 7/8 Headers and Xpipe
MAC 3" Pro Dumps
[email protected] rpms [email protected] rpms at the flywheel on 114 with dyno headers not the Kooks.

Backed by Transking Super C-4 and PTC 8" convertor 6000 stall.
8.8 with 4.56 gears and 33 spline setup.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'll do some boasting about a friends car. It's a notch, and the interior is missing a passenger seat and rear. Motor is 331, heads are 6037 unported, systemax intake, the XE274HR but on a 114° ls, t-5, 3.73's and a twisted dry kit. The best this car has seen was a 10.04 @ 135 three weeks ago at RiverCityRaceway in San Antonio. He ran 11.80's on the motor, not sure what the tune was set for though.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
barron_johnson said:
I'll do some boasting about a friends car. It's a notch, and the interior is missing a passenger seat and rear. Motor is 331, heads are 6037 unported, systemax intake, the XE274HR but on a 114° ls, t-5, 3.73's and a twisted dry kit. The best this car has seen was a 10.04 @ 135 three weeks ago at RiverCityRaceway in San Antonio. He ran 11.80's on the motor, not sure what the tune was set for though.
Wow those are great times, I am planning on a Lentech again and changing to a NX kit, so I hope to have a good running machine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
whats up 93PONYGT? i came over here to ask the same question and it looks like you've already got a good response going to it:rolleyes: im really considering the 331 buildup or something else instead of being stock and slow:(
Jim

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I am in the EXACT same process. Do a search for 331 and you'll get some excellent info. David's95GT has one of many great examples for blown strokers... I'm about to pay a deposit this week on my 331 build. And I'll still be using my 6037's (can still hear some folks laugh at me on reusing these...give me a brake guys :) , yes, it's true the 6037s are a little too small w/more cubes). I'm getting it locally built, but it will bascially be a keith craft B50 (BTW...my costs just DOUBLED :( ) and dumping 12# of XB into it. I;m writing up a list of the parts I wish to reuse tonight to give to the machinist to get the final spec & can PM ya.

--C

1 - 14 of 14 Posts