Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know if people are happy with the intake and what combo's people know about that have run good with this intake. the one i have is the 351 lower and the R upper.
thanks
paul

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Go to www.pomoforacing.com and ask Fred about it. he goes by Blue91 on there and I think FredinHouston on corral. He's running a 351 sportsman shortblock, box stock TFS twisted wedges, the TFS 351 intake and all the other bolt on stuff. Runs [email protected] on motor all day long in a 3400 lbs LX.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's a good intake for a milder street setup. The upper is too restrictive for a more aggresive setup abouve 5000rpm. On my old 376ci I switched the 90mm tfs upper for a Hogan sheetmetal upper and gained 40rwhp on the same dyno same day.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't believe the difference between the 75 and 90 upper is worth even worrying about. All they did was enlarge the casting right at the opening to accomodate the 90mm, the rest of the intake is the same.

·
Registered
86 Posts
From the research I did... the TFS 351 is the best 'bolt on' Fuel Injected Intake you can get for our cars... No one else makes one that makes as much power from 1500-6000... without sacrificing bottem end TQ.

The Hogan is the bad of the bad! Definitely... but probably more so intended for a 7000 - 8000 RPM much higher HP application...

If that is what your building... then the TFS isn't for you... if it is a dual purpose vehicle... compared to the Edelbock's, and GT-40... the TFS is hands down better. IMO.

Peace,

Dave

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I've been researching this lately too. Here's what I came up with. The TFS seems to be a good all around performer for a 351. For a little more aggresive setup (393-408) the Vic jr efi setup seems to be the way to go. I don't know much about the Hogan but it seems that the victor 5.8 beats the tfs on a more aggresive setup. Then there is always the spyder too. I think it is more geared to higher rpm applications though. Good luck with the choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.