Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you running one.....looking for input, thinking of purchasing one.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Be careful about buying anything from there. Read my latest post. These people had a set of what they call 2v headers for sale, and i drove all the way out there to get them and the give me the wrong headers. beware i dont know if they know what they're doing. if they dont know the difference between 2V headers and whatever the heck they gave me who's to know what there short blocks consist of.

·
Registered
406 Posts
yeah these people don't know what they are doin.

See my sig. I've had ALOT of work done by HP, just about everything BUT a shortblock and they are very good to deal with. Just make sure u talk to Steve on a one on one basis and everything will be fine. BTW, i'll be ordering a HP shortblock very soon.

Bill

·
Registered
133 Posts
My built block is from them. No probs on a short notice order. So far, great customer service with any questions I've had. Wish they made a turbo kit *hint*, TDC's customer service lacks just a little bit! :p

ChRiS :D

P.S. My numbers below are probably skewed now, but close with the same tune I had on the stock engine. Also with the stock fuel system, I'm going to wait to turn up the boost until I upgrade that. The Autobahn is plenty fun in the current tune :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
ChrisBCritter said:
TDC's customer service lacks just a little bit! :p

I guess being out of business would be a good reason for lack of Customer Service.

As far as HP. I have bought many parts from Steve over the years, he has always treated me fairly and honestly.

Truthfully, if it comes to a built shortblock, I don't know if I would buy from HP. I know of one or two people where there were some issues. He did take care of them, as I have come to expect Steve to do, but it should not have occured in the first place.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i've got about 9k miles on my shortblock and it runs great. i've purchased many parts from steve over the past few years and he always has excellent prices on everything and gets parts to me VERY fast.

marcus

·
Registered
152 Posts
Phil,
I wouldn't worry too much about HP. I've bought most everything for my car from them and they are top notch. I don't have any personal experience with them with shortblocks, but they've been putting the motors out and you don't here to many people bash them. Can't beat close to home, either :). I think that I've got all their pricing here at the house, so let me know if you want it.

Brad

·
Registered
934 Posts
i called them today on the headers that bought from them and they are working with me and are very customer service friendly, i take back my previous post downing them, i dont know about their shortblocks but my dealings with them other than the drive all of the way down there and having to do it again to make it right have been good i would sugest them just for the way they work with you,
just my $.02,
james.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts