Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had these on his '86 and the rear sat high. It just didn't look good. I'm going to try them on my '94 hoping that the added weight between cars helps them lower the car. Anyone else use them here? Are you having to use lower arms with adjustable spring perches? I could always ask Team Z if a coil could be cut out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i'd be curious to know what they say as I am interested in a set myself for my '86

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Team Z said not to cut their drag springs. I'll be trying the Fox Team Z units on my heavier SN as the Fox springs and SN springs have different part numbers. I'm hoping the Fox units are a softer rate. I'll post my findings.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Team Z said not to cut their drag springs. I'll be trying the Fox Team Z units on my heavier SN as the Fox springs and SN springs have different part numbers. I'm hoping the Fox units are a softer rate. I'll post my findings.
Did you get them in?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get them in?

I did and I just put them on the car. The car doesn't sit as low as H&R Race springs. One more inch lower would be nice but it really doesn't look bad. I'll post a pic once it's off the jack stands. I'm curious what the measurement is from ground to center of wheel opening on a stock '94-'95 is.

Reactions: bmeyer40

·
Registered
179 Posts
I did and I just put them on the car. The car doesn't sit as low as H&R Race springs. One more inch lower would be nice but it really doesn't look bad. I'll post a pic once it's off the jack stands. I'm curious what the measurement is from ground to center of wheel opening on a stock '94-'95 is.
I can measure mine but it will be slightly higher due to the fact most of the top end is off the car

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can measure mine but it will be slightly higher due to the fact most of the top end is off the car

I wouldn't think that would effect the rear height. If you wouldn't mind; I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Rear fender height at tallest point. 28.5" on a 225/55r16 tire. Stock SN95 GT springs.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rear fender height at tallest point. 28.5" on a 225/55r16 tire. Stock SN95 GT springs.

Thanks. I'll do some measuring and let you know.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With a 26.4" tall tire and Team Z Fox Body rear drag springs; the car sits at 28". This is measured from the same spot as yours. It looks like the Team Z Fox springs lower a SN around 1".

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My car I think sits perfect with teamZ fox coil using there small supplied spacer are you guys purchasing them new or used maybe there miss labeled 275/60/15 tire
I run 26" Mickeys which don't fill the wheel wells like your 28's do. It's really noticeable with the 26's. That being said; my car settled another 1/4" and I'm happy. I don't use any spacers or isolators. Springs are new Fox Team Z units used on my '94 SN. The SN Team Z coils make the car look like a 4x4.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I run 26" Mickeys which don't fill the wheel wells like your 28's do. It's really noticeable with the 26's. That being said; my car settled another 1/4" and I'm happy. I don't use any spacers or isolators. Springs are new Fox Team Z units used on my '94 SN. The SN Team Z coils make the car look like a 4x4.
Can you post pictures

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
0124201301_HDR_resized.jpg
0124201301a_HDR_resized.jpg

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. 70* today.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What does your car weigh?
I've never weighed it but it has full power and leather. The pics are with trunk carpeting, spare tire, jack and lug wrench removed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts