Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just make sure you get two that have the same exhaust A/R's. Stick with the Garretts. If you want a lot of quick spooling action, get the .48's from an 85/86 auto. If you want more top end, the .63's from an 85 or 86 manual are where it's at.

I've been told, though have no 1st hand knowledge, to stay away from the IHI turbos in the 87 and 88 intercooler ones.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The ihi turbos are fine, they are about 2/3rds the price or lower of the t3's and you can switch over later. They are perfect for a stock or mild engine. I speak from experience on two different cars i've built.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
From the JYs and u-pull-it's out here, all turbos cost the same: approx $60 to $100 depending on whether or not they charge a core charge which you won't ever get back and what kind of deals they are running (this past weekend was 20% off and I missed it :mad: )

·
Registered
143 Posts
the times in my sig are my car, with 120k miles on it. my buddies car went from 14.8 @97 to [email protected] with 5-6psi. The only change being the turbos, same ****ty tires and everything, let alone he probably could have improved on that with some better driving(Only made like 4 passes at the track).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts