Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the instuctions for the size fitting and where to tap the pan-89 Fox with stock pan and prothane motor mounts.

I'm putting together a 306 and plan to put a Vortech S-trim on the car in the distant future.
I want to tap the pan now though and install the fitting (I'm going to weld the fitting or a nut to screw the fitting into for strenght), it would be cleaner.

Thanks, Clayton

·
Registered
513 Posts
I TAPPED MINE ON DRIVERS SIDE 2 BOLT BACK ABOUT AN INCH FROM FLANGE AND ITS A 3/8 PIPE TAP ITS LIKE AN 8AN

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
as long as you have the pan off, you could use a -8 A/N bulk head fitting for the oil drain back. put a couple of O rings on the fitting, and it won't leak. Aeroquipt, and others, make pushlock hose that would be ideal for the oil drain back, and it's not all that expensive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the directions there great thanks, guys.
Johns331 where can I find the QDC pushlock fitting, and are you suggesting that I just weld the fitting itself right to the pan or go with the nut Idea and still use the push lock.
Thanks, Clayton

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Clayton said:
I got the directions there great thanks, guys.
Johns331 where can I find the QDC pushlock fitting, and are you suggesting that I just weld the fitting itself right to the pan or go with the nut Idea and still use the push lock.
Thanks, Clayton
If you want to weld the fitting to the pan, you will need a steel -8 to NPT adaptor. Cut off the NPT end and weld it on. If you don't want to weld to the pan, use a -8 bulk head fitting. drill a hole in the pan large enough for the fitting to go through, and attach it with a bulkhead nut on the inside. XRP and others, also make a O ring that will fit over the bulkhead fitting, and seal against the pan. You may also have to fabricate a washer to take up some space, because the pan material is thin. THe push lock hose end then attaches to the bulkhead fitting. The Summit catalog has pics of the various fittings if you need to see what they look like. Summit carries Aeroquipt, and I think they have the push lock type fittings.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats exactly what I need Johns331 to know and I will weld right to the pan so that I don't have to think about clearance at all.
Clayton

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I did the threaded fitting from the INSIDE of the oilpan (and for grins added epoxy glue from the outside).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts