Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i lose more and more trust in the returnless system by the day.

to do the conversion, im thinking of the following.

96-98 tank
bosch 390 pump
KB 40amp BAP
stock lines
aeromotive rails
all the connectors and such
8- return line

is that it?
since i will be running the car without a fuel rail pressure sensor, wtf is the computer gonna be doing?

can someone give me the approximate prices on the above parts and whether anything isn't gonna work.

im trying to do this on the cheap but retain enough fuel for 680rwhp+.

thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Go with a 96/97 tank, 98 has the crappy basket. Use an intank pickup. If you are going to do rails you might as well do regulator and lines while you are at it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
About one year ago, there was an article in 5.0 regarding a retrofit kit from Paul's High Performance. Not "cheap" by any means but it would give you a rough idea of what is needed. He changed the tank to Cobra R (foam filled) and used an inline pump. He still had the pressure sensor mounted on the fuel rail and it was connected to the computer. The whole thing was $2,000.

I think Kenne-bell is getting 700+hp from the stock 03 setup with larger injectors and BAP.

You should check it out.

·
Registered
521 Posts
return style
in this order:

96-97 sumped tank
short piece of -8 braided hose
fuel filter
in-line pump (aeromotive, bosch, barry grant)
-8 braided line up to firewall
y-block
two pieces of -8 (running to each fuel rail)
fuel rails (steeda, aeromotive, pauls hp, etc)
two pieces of -8 (coming out of rails too fuel pressure reg)
fuel pres regulater (needs 3 inlets;2 feed, one exit)
lastly -6 braided hose (running back to sumped tank)

this is how most people set the system up. just make sure you get a fuel pump big enough. you can wire the pump up with a relay using the stock (fuel pump) 12v sorce as the trigger wire for the relay. wish i had some prices on this for you but i don't sorry. good luck.

·
Registered
973 Posts
subscribing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts