Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to do it soon. I assume I tape up the elctrical connection. Remove the brackets for the condenser in front and it falls out. Should I buy the eliminator kit from summit? Take out the evaporator and all line fittings. Unbolt compressor and remove that. Get the new required belt. Then how does the bracket kit thing go on.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Move the radiator forward a little bit to make some space to remove the condensor, remove all lines and if I was you I wouldnt bother with the AC delete kit, just get the alternator bracket from March and with that you can eliminate your tensioner also. But if you do decide to go with the AC delete kit, i can sell you mine if you are interested. $ 30 Shipped.

I can take some pics of the delete kit on my car if you want me to.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be

So take out all line fittings for ac equipment and remove condenser then take out compressor. March alternator bracket. How does that work. And how does it get rid of your tensioner. The alternator stays in the same place right. I'm interested in your ac delete kit if its like new. Where is the smog pump. I have a 93 GT thats black like yours.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yea, the kit is like new (I got a few months ago), I'll take some pics tommorow of it if you're interested.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey sounds great

Let me see thepics and do a little more info. Im taking out the smogpump. And either move p/s pumpupor other thing.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The hosting site that I use to host my pics is down :( , so I'll try to post some pics tommorow.....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hey, my hosting site says I exceded their maximum bandwith so just give me your e-mail and I'll send you some pics of my kit....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dude this is way to easy...I just did it on my 88 coupe. I bought the ford racing a/c eliminator bracket from summit about 50.00 for the bracket to the door. it is really easy to do man. If you have the somg pump removed wich i did you will need a 6k755 serpt belt. With the ford bracket the power steering pump will move up on the cylinder head...really easy man....good luck

·
Registered
307 Posts
I actually just finished doing mine. I didn't bother buying any march or fms brackets, just went to the junk yard and got some off of an 85 LTD. It relocated my alt to where the ac was, and didn't move the PS. I'm running a 45" belt.

Their's 2 line connected to the condensor and 1 electric plug. Remove thoes and the condensor is ready to be removed (after bolts are removed)

Then back by the black thing on the passenger's side fire wall their's 1 line that runs into the passenger compartment, remove that.

Now, also remove the line going from the black thing to the radiator looking thing. Now their's 1 clamp holding the black thing to the fire wall bracket, after removing that you can remove the black thing which should still be connnected to one of the tubes that went to the condensor and the bracket that held it.

Now remove the upper radiator brackets and lift the radiator from the lower brackets, it woan't move much because everything is still connected to it.

Their's two small bolts (I believe 10MM or something like that) holding the ac radiator thing in place. Remove thoes and you should be able to remove it.

That's about it. Like I said earlier if you don't want to pay 30 and up for an ac delete bracket go to a junk yard and get one off of either a 302/5.0L w/o ac or one with ac that's positioned over the smog pump on the passenger's side....good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts