Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey need some help here. Doing weight reductions so I am taking out my ac. What eliminator bracket do I need. Will the March one from summit be fine. Will the directions tell me what belt I need. I'm estimating the ac equipment weighs all together 40-50 lbs. What I heard from the shop. The evaporator. condenser, and the compressor and all lines and fittings. Do I just tape up the electrical connection. How do I use the bracket kit thing. Does it just bolt on where the compressor went. Please help.

thanks

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I went w/ the fms ac delete kit. Its a direct bolt on. I have no smog pump and I have under drive pulleys. I ended up using a 71.5" belt i believe. All together the entire ac system weighed about 40lbs.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Its the accessory directly under the alternator. Removing it and the annoying lines saves about 10lbs. Do you still have cats? If so, dont remove it..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey I dont have cats

I put a mac powerpipe on. Can I just remove the smog pump without installing an eliminator bracket. Is one line fitting the one that attaches to the mid section of the h pipe. What other lines are there. thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
You can either buy the kit, or go to a junk yard like I did, and get a bracket from a 5.0 w/o ac. In fact I went ahead and relocated my alt to where the ac was, and left my ps in the same spot, now I have nothing on the passenger's side and the alt and ps on the drivers side...helped ballance weight, for some reason my passenger's side weighed more...

Oh, and not trying to flame you but this topic has really been beaten to death, the search button workes wonders...I normally don't post untill I've tried the search a couple of times...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts