Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The fender liners protect the fenders from road debris, any rock that may be picked up by the tire will prolly make a dent in the top side of the fender. There are also vacuum lines and some wires that may be damaged by road trash.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
id try to get another to replace the one that fell out before i did anything

take care,
adam

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Well, I have both mine gutted, but.......... Mine isnt a daily driven car, and I do not have any vaccum lines running in mine, took cruise out and all that crap. I even hid all my wires from engin compartment in fenders. Just cant hit water or anything.

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
4,769 Posts
Been running without them everyday in all weather conditions since '97. Your cruise control, if it still works, will get wet and stop working, but only wusses use that anyway. :cool: :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
The thing that would most concern me is that flinging all that sand and such of the street up there might help to promote rust out.

I'd leave them in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
one other thing you really should think about:

the fender prevents dirt/debris from entering (or attempting to enter) the air filter.

if that isn't enough to scare you, then when it rains, the rain carried up by your spinning wheels will get past the air filter into the engine, and make your car stall and otherwise be a PITA to drive in anything other than drizzle.

in a sentence, don't do it.

·
USAF retired
9,004 Posts
I'd think aside from all the other potential negatives you'd get more road noise as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have both of my inner splash guards out because I rolled my two front fenders and you can't reuse them after you do so. Myne is a daily driver and I havent had any problems with them out yet. BUT ONCE whne it was pouring real bad my air filter was so drenched I had to let it dry out to drive it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
What in the hell does removing them do?? NOTHING. Aside from getting dirt in the body creases and door hangars. I had mine out and i got a ton of schreeching thrugh my door hinges. why get dirt where it doesn't belong... for *0* weight loss, or chassis stiffening?

·
Registered
382 Posts
calientecafe said:
I have a cold air intake so my filter is exposed anyways.
And that means what? .. nothing

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine is in the lower fender... quite low too. I have no problems. I drive this car everyday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts