Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a 1993 LX last night, it has a T56 with a spec clutch that is not fully engaging. I didn't really "get on it" in the test drive as it was a low mile super clean car.

Pedal is all the way out and the fork looks like it has no more room to move. Clutch doesn't fully engage and you can smell it burning.

Any ideas how/what to do? I am SO damn frustrated, this car was not cheap.
See attached picture.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
You need to drop the transmission and ensure the clutch was installed properly. T-56’s can be finicky. I had to use an adjustable pivot ball for the fork when I installed my Mccloud twin disk. Something to look into. If it’s installed correctly, an adjustable pivot ball will most certainly correct that fork alignment.
Also if there’s a firewall adjuster, ensure it is installed correctly as most people are confused on how they are supposed to be adjusted...correctly.

Something like this.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/mcleod-03-04-cobra-adjustable-pivot-ball-stud.html

·
Registered
24,585 Posts
you have to pull it apart.

highly suggest you get rid of the fork and cable setup, and step up to a hydraulic setup

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
you have to pull it apart.

highly suggest you get rid of the fork and cable setup, and step up to a hydraulic setup
I did not do this when I installed my McCloud twin disk in my cobra, but I kinda regret not doing it. Budget had to stop somewhere though. I’ve read you recommend this a bunch of times and I should’ve listened!!
Can you share the benefits, from a drivers stand point, that you noticed?? I believe it makes adjustments and set up of the clutch a lot easier, correct?
Also, I’ve read it’s difficult to install on a 4v Cobra, due to coil cover interface. So I stayed away for that reason as well.

·
Registered
24,585 Posts
benefits

Lighter pedal
No adjustments needed through out the clutches life, so engagement is consistent
No geometry issues, to setup, especially for non OEM parts mixing

Etc...

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,103 Posts
benefits

Lighter pedal
No adjustments needed through out the clutches life, so engagement is consistent
No geometry issues, to setup, especially for non OEM parts mixing

Etc...
what trans, clutch and hydrualic setup are you running in your car indy?

·
Registered
24,585 Posts
t-5
RST
mcleod hydraulic kit with hydraulic TOB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts