Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching a lot and I seem to be finding mostly posts about people looking for places to built t45, kits to build them up or shops that will do it, not too much info about how to rebuild these things.

I'm putting down 448 rwhp now and my king cobra clutch is just spinning, the trans has about 100k + miles on it and I want to put in a new Ram clutch but at the same time I'm pretty sure the trans wont' hold up for long with the new clutch so I want to rebuild it. I'm interested in learning so I can do it myself. I've done almost everything to the car so far including rebuilding the shortblock and heads so why stop at the trans. I went to tremecs website and they seem to have a service manual for all their other transmissions but the t45. Can anyone help me out to point me in the right direction?

·
Banned
6,975 Posts
The T45 is fairly strong when it comes to handling power. It does have issues in the shifting department though. Upgrade the syncros to the carbon fiber rings and there is a board member that had billet shift forks done for the unit as well. Other than that, there is not much available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts