Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be putting in an 03' cobra t-56 behind a 96 cobra engine. Using the stock 96 electronics.

Will the yoke from the t-45 fit?

I understand that the 03' cobra t-56 has an electric speedometer in it.

The pre 98' cars have mechanical type.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

????Will I run into any trouble with the VSS sender to the computer??? While using my cruise control and such????I'm using an auto gauge electric speedometer so that should interface with the sender anyways.

Will the aluminum flywheel and clutch from an 03' cobra work on a 96' cobra 4.6??

·
Registered
521 Posts
i think you'll be ok with the yoke, flywheel, and clutch. i put in a d&d t56. i had to shorten the driveshaft 1/4 inch. the crossmember was moved back too. i'm not sure on the 03 t56 though. hopefully someone else will chime in and help.

·
Registered
521 Posts
sorry i meant 3/4" shortened driveshaft.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i was wondering the same thign with the 03 t-56

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My main concern is with the vss speedometer messing up the eec calculations?? Or does it put out the same parameters?

·
Registered
654 Posts
The T-45 yoke WILL NOT fit the '03 T-56.

·
Registered
147 Posts
what sort of yoke did you all go with? or how did you make modifications to your currnet one to make it fit with the t-56?

·
Registered
654 Posts
The easiest thing to do is to use the '03 driveshaft and change the pinion flange at the diff. The added benefit is that the '03 driveshaft has the larger 1350 joints.

Howeer, the '03 driveshaft is probably to short unless you've got an IRS in the car also.

As far as I know the '03 yoke isn't available seperately from Ford, so you'll need to find one. Probably time to call a driveshaft shop.

As far as the speedo, you'll need to get an extended range SpeedCal.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I DO NOT WANT THREAD HIJACKERS BECAUSE THEY CONFUSE THE POINT I'M TRYING TO ASK!!!!!! MAKE YOUR OWN THREADS!!!!!

The vss from the 03 will plug into the harness from the cobra but does it give the same paramaters to the eec as the old style vss????

I don't care about the speedo I have no use for the speedo. I already have an aftermarket set up from auto gauge.

Let me know what you know about this.

This tranny and engine isn't even in a cobra. The car is 40 years old.

Thanks about the info on the yoke as I am looking for one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fostang said:
I DO NOT WANT THREAD HIJACKERS BECAUSE THEY CONFUSE THE POINT I'M TRYING TO ASK!!!!!! MAKE YOUR OWN THREADS!!!!!
Easy there.... we are all trying to help you.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL

I know.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The VSS really shouldn't do anything to the eec..... The only problem that would arise is the speedometer, and since you have an aftermarket or something like it, there really shouldn't be a problem....

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOO HOOO!!!

Yeah the auto gauge adjustes to anything I do to the drivtrain gear swaps and the like. Thats the reason I got it.

I was only worried that the eec would get thrown off like the speedo would.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Well, your question was answered (I think) so I'm gonna hijack your thread. :p How far back does the crossmember need to be moved? I need to know if a Torque Arm setup will still fit.

-Code

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think you may have trouble with the cruise control, but I don't know for sure. Try it and see, if it doesn't work correctly, then look into the ER SpeedCal.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Code001 said:
Well, your question was answered (I think) so I'm gonna hijack your thread. :p How far back does the crossmember need to be moved? I need to know if a Torque Arm setup will still fit.

-Code
On a 96-98 Cobra the cross member has to be moved forward, or an adapter plate used (as I did) and it can stay in the stock location.

On the 99+, it need to be moved towards the rear.

·
Registered
693 Posts
His crossmember mod will be totally different from anything on this board, and he won't have any cruise control issue. He's installing these parts in a 67 or 68 Mustang.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was responding to Code, who has a 97 Cobra.

And it will depend upon which computer Fostang's using as far as the cruise control issue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts