Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought my T-56 from D&D Performance no problems etc...etc.. Tranny works great everywhere. Well the problem lies with the reverse lockout solenoid. On street I can lean into it and get it into reverse no problem. But at the track when I am strapped in very tight to the seat, I don't have enough leverage (or strength) to get the tranny into reverse to back up to the water box. I race on stock 17x8 wheels, so I have to drive around the waterbox so my big front wheels don't tract water up to the line. I've tried working GM dealerships to find the right connector on the solenoid so I can wire up a switch, but with no such luck. D&D Performance doesn't have a part or part number, and said they are working on one. They did tell me it is a 2 prong weather pack, and maybe I could find one at an electrical supply house, but not many around here. Does anybody have a p/n for this plug, or did yall just sodder (sp?) and heat shrink some wires directly to prongs? thanks

troy

·
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I thought I remembered the plug being bigger. This plug that I have may be the right one, hard to get my hand up on the plug. The p/n is 12101857 (GM part number) for the connector. I will post my results tonight or tomorrow, so this can help others.

Troy

·
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it worked perfectly. Used the pigtail and wired it to a push botton single pole switch. Very easy to put into reverse now. The GM p/n is 12101857 and cost about $15.

Troy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts